GSC vs rF2 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after playing a bit with rF2 beta, I'm positive to say that GSC feels a lot better to me. Mind you that track details feel better in GSC than rF2 at the moment. Of course, we are talking about a beta vs a finished product, and I'm sure that rF2 will eventually surpass GSC in the near future - nevertheless, it is amazing to see how well Reiza did with this game. I bet it will compete with the final rF2 for some time, too.
Kudos, Reiza.

Well, after playing a bit with rF2 beta, I'm positive to say that GSC feels a lot better to me.

I am glad to read that. I was going to start a thread to compare the two games for those who have driven both. Anyone else have any comments?

My current pc is not good enough for RF2 so i can't get it yet, until i do a pc upgrade and i dont have money for that right now. So i am glad i still have the best isi based game right there on my machine and it runs with full details and full grid at high fps.

I am also sure rf2 will improve a lot in the coming months but for now i am a OK without it. I am even starting to regret all the money spent on iRacing but thats another story :p

I am not sure we can compare them completely but :
- ffb : really better on GSC
- graphics : advantage to rf2
- track modelisation : good work of isi but I prefer GSC modelisation (coupled with the Ffb)
- sounds : good in both of them.
- physics : a good ffb can help to feel them. Hard to say at this time for rf2.
- specs : 20 fps in rf2 with 20 cars. 34 cars in GSC, no lag.

But let isi finish the game first.
All is missing to GSC is one or two gt's and some new tracks.

Tested again this morning.
When you start looking at the borders of the track, you see that the game is ugly (mapping, objects).
Too heavy for many PC and ugly. Not a good point...

rf2.jpg

Guys please discuss beta related problems in the rFactor 2 forums here and report bugs as detailed as possible, also google what a beta actually means :). The game is still in development and is unpolished and Tim and ISI CLEARLY communicated that the game is not finished and can contain errors until the release of the full game six months from now.

That the overhyped community responds like this is not the blame of ISI or rFactor 2 neither has Reiza's GSC anything to do with it lol

Locking this one and feel free to continue in the proper forums to discuss this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back