Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Hi daniel

Not seen the 2011 cars, was pretty much just using my imagination (or lack of it).

I'll see if I can find some decent pics of the more up to date skins and at least have a look.

I tried making a car skin a while back and I was able to import it into the game but the car body had too much reflection (too shiny). Anyway, I searched around and found only 1 tutorial for rFactor on how to save the skin and I tried their method for Game Stock Car. I used Photoshop dds plugin v8.52 and saved using these settings:

DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha
Use Existing MIP maps

Obviously I'm doing something wrong since the car looks too shiny and the text on the car doesn't blur at far distances like it should. I was wondering if you could help explain to me how to save the skin properly?

:) I made my first car. I wanted a Marlboro Menthol Car since that's the brand I used to smoke. Actually, I made a 2 car team. And no, I did not steal ML2166's car and simply change it to green, but I did try to stay consistent with his red Marlboro car skin design. I started with the template DLC, but found out the hard way that the template is the wrong size if you want a high quality skin. So I re-sized the template to be x2 in size. I added a background color of green, then I added a layer of little tiny gradient triangles covering the entire green background, like the ones on the actual pack of cigarettes, then I painted the white areas of the car, then I gave the car a name and number, added sponsor decals and added a layer of grain over everything to give it a textured look. I changed the shadowing a little. I also recreated the same type of stitch pattern that ML2166 used on his windshield below the race department text. I found the Marlboro font and the Helvetica Condensed Black font for the racedepartment text on the windshield and I warped it around the window. I made the inside of the windshield so the name and number would be slightly transparent, like in the real cars. I saved all my dds files using 2 MIP maps so the car would look vividly clear from a far distance in the game - instead of blurry. I used the numbers 108 & 109 for the two cars and I made sure that none of the cars in the game or in ML2166's car skin pack were using the same number. I purposely decided not to put a big shell on the back window like the red Marlboro car since it kind of blocks my view when I use my rear view mirror and also to stay consistent with all of the other cars. And yes, I am fully aware that tobacco brand cars are now banned from racing in almost every country, lol, but they can't ban them from online racing. I wanted to thank ML2166 for inspiring me to create my own car.:thumbsup:

Download Marlboro Menthol B Team

Great job Suicidal......very impressive, and what a great looking skin.

Never thought of the Menthol version, but more than happy to see it making an appearence.

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back