GSC v Rfactor

Hi All

I have just discovered the GSC demo. I have been playing rfactor since 2009 but have not played it much in the last 2 years. I have heard great things about GSC but i am wondering if it is worth getting the full version if i already have rfactor? Is there much difference between the two?

Cheers

F1A

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/is-this-possible-the-best-race-sim-around-atm.92152/

I think gsc has better feel, and FFB. RF2 is good but feels like a tech demo with nothing really finished to a polished standard. Only thing for me is the visuals in GSC, which let it down, but saying that they are still good.

I dunno its a tough one really...one thing is impressive is what reiza have done to the old engine..!!

dont get me wrong ive had my doubts with gsc but i find myself still coming back to it, and for that there must be a reason, because since AssettoCorsa v1 ive played that once!!!

thanks for the replies guys, sounds like it is a goer. I have recently noticed that there is a plethora of f1 mods such as the 95, 98, 99, 00, 02, 04, 06 seasons to name but a few. Has anyone tried these out? I have seen no video or in game screenshots of them. F1 mods would be my main reason for purchasing GSC.

Anyone know if these mods are good quality?

Cheers

Formula Extreme = 2014 Formula 1 V6 1.6 Turbo
Formula Retro = 1976 Ford FD04 1976
Formula 3 = 2009 Dallara 309
Formula Classic = 1988 Formula mp4/4
Formula V12 = mid `90 spec F1 V12

and I believe there are skins based on real cars if you wanna simulate specific season

mid 90's to mid 00's are my preferred mode of transport. I would have a go at the default content but isn't this all the same car shapes and all the same performance? I would presume mods have the correct car shapes and different performance? Besides mods are the things that usually keep these sims going. I can't think of many sims where I use the standard content because no one makes the F1 seasons as mentioned above.

About the same imo, really depends on track/car combo, and if modded content, then how well the modder has done the AI line.
I've had both great and terrible races with the AI in both GSCE and RF2.

Hi All

I have just discovered the GSC demo. I have been playing rfactor since 2009 but have not played it much in the last 2 years. I have heard great things about GSC but i am wondering if it is worth getting the full version if i already have rfactor? Is there much difference between the two?

Cheers

F1A
you can also ask yourself what you think about the demo. Do you like the realfeel? Do you considered physics as "real"? Do you like graphics? If yes, then buy it. There is no really need to compare with rf in fact. Same files as rf, ok, but not more that gtr2, gtlegends or another isi based game. Same instructions everywhere with same structure for files.

mid 90's to mid 00's are my preferred mode of transport. I would have a go at the default content but isn't this all the same car shapes and all the same performance? I would presume mods have the correct car shapes and different performance? Besides mods are the things that usually keep these sims going. I can't think of many sims where I use the standard content because no one makes the F1 seasons as mentioned above.
The problem with having cars with different performance is that all will gun for the best cars. If you are playing online against your friends, the guys with the fastest cars are going to have a big advantage.

At this point GSCE is my go to sim for some good fun.

I use the Rfactor>GSCE Mod converter for all the good mods I want to use and just use it as my base platform instead of rfactor. Its a bit more polished than Rfactor I think so.

It would be a disservice to skip the stock Content of GSC. I don't think there are many mods out there that can match the quality of Reiza. Niels is responsible for some of the greatest mod cars for rFactor and he works for Reiza. GSC is like taking one of those sims where you need mods to make it play right and having the modders work inserted into the product by default.

must admit i fired up AC and was might impressed especially visually and physics , the AI need work but could this be a
contender now>?

i know its not about visuals but coming from AC to GSC, GSC is hard to stomach visually.. even though it has good physics, but so has AC.

hhmhmm

Last edited:
Wrong thread?

Agree about mods. Even though I've tried a few for GSCE, I've uninstalled them all and just enjoy the stock content. Most of the tracks I'd never seen before which is really nice, and the cars are just superb, I don't feel the need to look for more content.

I could drive the Vee's alone all day happily. "vreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" :)

there are mods with quality physics. F1SR 1991 and 92, original blancpain series (no idea if physics in the wellknown gsc conversion have been touched thats why i mentioned the original work), HistoriX (mainly niels cars), touring masters/touring car legends, WSC by Bristow, niels+siimannuk cars, DRM is surely conveincing (i personally doubt if it's "realistic" but in the end its great fun) and a handful of "illegal" conversions from other games (mainly streetcars) with attention to physics

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%