GSC v Rfactor

Hi All

I have just discovered the GSC demo. I have been playing rfactor since 2009 but have not played it much in the last 2 years. I have heard great things about GSC but i am wondering if it is worth getting the full version if i already have rfactor? Is there much difference between the two?

Cheers

F1A

Thanks for the replies guys, installed tonight, is good fun. The stock content is very good. I have a couple of q's. Is there a way to turn the mirrors off at top of screen but leave on in car? When you install a mod does it show up on the screen with the other stock content when you cycle through it?
Cheers.

Not sure about mirrors, just use cockpit view here.

No, unless they've done a custom UI for their mod (most haven't) you just pick the "All cars/tracks" entry on the content selection screen.

Is there a way to turn the mirrors off at top of screen but leave on in car?
Look in your .PLR file, search for these lines:

Rearview="1" // 0=Off, 1=Center and Side, 2=Center only, 3=Side only (virtual mirrors only, in-car mirrors are on/off)
Virtual Rearview In Cockpit="0" <-- I guess this is the answer to your question above

and adjust according your preference.

@Msportdan please elaborate how you disagree with
Both are pretty much equally bad. But then again, neither is really made for offline racing.

Unless you have some kind of specially modified game code, there's no way that you have ever had decent AI in either game. It seems better with tintops, because the argy bargy bumping **** they do is not as significant as with the open wheelers, but they still don't "think" properly, never have and never will, as they are aimed at the online market.

if your trying to compare sim ai, to humans forget it!! That will never equal a human thinking. However what you can compare AI is to the standard of the sim industry. Gsce, RF2 and RRe has the best in the industry.

And i also disagree on your second point about online, if that was the case there would be no offline mode at all or AI, like iracing.

for me offline is more important than online, as i dont go online, never have and never will?!

if your trying to compare sim ai, to humans forget it!! That will never equal a human thinking. However what you can compare AI is to the standard of the sim industry. Gsce, RF2 and RRe has the best in the industry.

And i also disagree on your second point about online, if that was the case there would be no offline mode at all or AI, like iracing.

for me offline is more important than online, as i dont go online, never have and never will?!

That's your loss then. When I want to play offline, I start up GP4. Nothing's AI gets close to it.

And AI ARE supposed to be compared to humans - since this is what they're supposed to mimick. LOL, I dunno where you got your info from. :giggle:

Even Codies' F1 AI is better than those in the GMotor sims. And you can disagree with this post as well - just stating the facts. ;)

Oh, and if you've never gone online, you can't do comparisons between humans and AI. Online is a whole different world.

I have been hammering gsce the last two nights and it is superb, looks and plays completely differently to rf, glad i took you guys advice about this! From my perspective all it is missing now is dynamic weather, good arm animations and a couple of other small things. I see unfortunately the arm animations are similar to the rf ones and how about a v10 series maybe from 97 - 04 f1. We have the v8's turbo's etc, just missing the sweet singing music of the v10s!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%