GSC Not Loading

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Kenya Coleman, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Kenya Coleman

Kenya Coleman

Ratings:
    +37
    I was able to play the game with no problems at all. I stopped playing for a bit and yesterday I go to play and I get the message:

The instruction at "0x636ec8ec" referenced mem at "0x636ec8ec". The memory could not be read.

Click OK to terminate or Click cancel to Debug.

I have no idea what is going on??? There have been no major changes to my pc. I have already uninstalled and re-installed and still nothing?

2. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +599
    I had an error message after installing a new cpu, and uninstalling/reinstalling did not work. Then I found out from another forum there is a hidden folder called 'reiza' in (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data). So I uninstalled again, deleted this folder, and reinstalled and everything worked ok.
    It was not the same problem as yours, but it is the only suggestion I can think of :)

EDIT : actually, one more suggestion is your installation file could be corrupt so you coould also try downloading it again?

3. Kenya Coleman

Kenya Coleman

Ratings:
    +37
    Thanks for actually trying to help Keith. This game has been nothing but a headache since release for me. I finally get it to work and now this. This is the only PC game that I have ever had any issues with.

I tried all of the above and I still get the same message. I don't know.....

4. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +803
    When I got my game I had issues but because of the installer, Windows 7 seems paranoid of changes! What I do is I only install my games on a specific folder, not under Program Files. Mine is under Users>Saved Games> and everything goes there. I also run things as administrator, even/especially installers (right click, properties, look for compatibility tab).

I don't know if that will help, you may have to uninstall it and install it as I wrote above. In my case I was having issues with other games too until I simply just used the folder outside of Program Files or Program Files (x86).

5. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas

Ratings:
    +29
    Like Guimengo I created a new folder outside of "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)". In my case I created a folder specially for games and put GSC into that (C:\Games\GSC\). I do not run with administrator rights and have never had a problem.

6. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +17,179
    Me three, installed on my second drive without any issues.