GSC - F1 2010 – realistic AI names and abilities MOD! Is it needed?

I really enjoyed GSC very much, especially F1 Reiza DLC, but after a couple of days I thought that in order to have even more fun, it would be nice to make this DLC a bit better by adding all the names, skins, driver’s abilities and proper car speeds to the game! I’ve already done a lot and my result seems to be quite good. It makes the whole f1 (DLC) experience much better. Now, just an example, Sebastian Vettel has his name in the game, his own hi-res (skin only) car, and of course his abilities and he is the fastest driver on the track, but might sometimes be beaten by Hamilton, Button or Fernando Alonso… etc.

all well protected if you want to reproduce the real F1: Be aware to ask and have an agreement from all the driver's to use their names! Also from all the teams and don't forget to send Bernie a request too ... the bills that will fly in will be quiet something ;)

all well protected if you want to reproduce the real F1: Be aware to ask and have an agreement from all the driver's to use their names! Also from all the teams and don't forget to send Bernie a request too ... the bills that will fly in will be quiet something ;)

wow! :confused: sorry, but it seems.....mmmm... impossible...

it's better to leave it as perfect as it already is :rolleyes:

Qauarra933, I'd be very interested in this. There are loads of rfactor mods with real driver names in. If anyone ever complained, just remove the file. Or, to be sure, just misspell each driver name before posting the files! In any case, I see there are votes in favour, but none against so far! Any chance you could send me the file if you decide not to upload it for all?

Good effort!

Regards
Keith

As long as he is not asking money for such a skinpack I think he can freely create one. FYI: Bernie has enough money by now to live on until he is 12526 years old.

trust me on this: you do need a license! even if you share it for free!
it's a dark forest of copyright and licensing laws and if you plan to release it ... just don't get caught!
but if you alter the game for your personal use and "release" it on your box only ... thats ok.
(i remember an F1 game released by EA, where only one driver didn't agree and they had to fake his name to complete the F1 grid ...)

result:
11653501.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/11653501.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/43536472.jpg/

Blimey, you changed your tune all of a sudden didnt you? perhaps Quarra will be too wary to send these files after what you have said oh well, I will edit my own, and I thank Quarra for the offer anyway. ;)
It wasn't my goal to be unsupportive in this thread! sorry if it has been seen that way!
I was just trying to inform Quarra about possible consequences if he shares unlicensed content to the public.
keeping him out of trouble was my only goal!
I like his job on the F1 skinpack very much and I believe the way we're dealing with it right now, should keep him safe.

Give it to me ...... I would just stick it up (if Quarra933 wanted me to ONLY) on my account at Gamefront (the old filefront), in a zip file called Reiza_Team_Tweaks.zip or something like that. No modder's name, just a read_me file on how to install it.

It would go totally unnoticed by 99.99999999% of people. Eventually it would be automatically removed, due to lack of downloads.

Even if it was noticed by someone with nothing better to do with their time, I would just take it down and apologise.

I mean, apart from drivers and teams names, the edited text or xml files (whatever they are), are just files we all as GSC owners have the right to possess and edit ourselves anyway. No foul, no bad intent.

Either way, I would be interested in a copy Quarra, Cheers :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 101 13.8%