GSC-E > STEAM! "Coming up, in a not so distant future..."

"Coming up, in a not so distant future..."

20gcokg.jpg

I gotta be honest, I'm not sure I like that idea. The more easily accessible the sim is, the greater the risk of introducing people who think they are better drivers than they actually are.

I don't know if you guys saw a thread on here a while back about someone called devildoggamer. Apparently he was doing some really bad driving and basically setting a bad example (I don't know too much about it myself, I never saw his streams, but I heard bad things from others who have seen it).

Things like this worry me, because it could encourage others (streamers' fans) to follow suit and ruin sim racing for people who have actually bothered to take the time to learn to drive properly.

Sometimes I think it's better to just let some things stay niche. Yes, you'll have less players, but it'll be more enjoyable for the people who still play.

Feel free to disagree if you want, I'm not exactly a driving god either, but I'd like to think that if I did knock someone off the track, it'll be an unavoidable racing incident and I'd apologize immediately for it. People who play bumper cars without apologizing are the bane of my life.

That's good news, although of course it will mean yet another GSCE install :D As long as mod support is still there (which is almost certain, since games like AC have no problems with modding), and previous owners get a Steam key for free, it should work well.

@Dan Allen : sure, less players might be better for you, and maybe even for me, but certainly not for Reiza. I don't begrudge them opening up their audience and sources of income, especially if it leads to more great content in the future.

Business wise it makes sense for Reiza it will generate income but with a low profit margin, But I would say they have got there start up capital back by now. It can only help in it's development of this sim with a bigger market share sure has n't done AC any harm ;)

We do loose our kudos as it's the best sim nobody knows about ;)

How pages can we get out of this one ??? :D

Oh god, I've created a monster. What have I done :confused::roflmao:

Reiza has also confirmed in FB that current owners will indeed get a free Steam key, so that's great news.

Brilliant! I need a new Steam key. What with me being a dickhead, I forgot to backup my last GSCE install. Now it's all gone since my latest PC refresh :/

Communities normally have passworded servers, so no worries there. ;)

I've just remembered I'm RD licensed. Phew, disaster averted. In which case, carry on and put it on Steam, it doesn't affect me anymore ;)

Last edited:
Why the excitement? What is the benefit for the end consumer? I don't like games where i can only play it through an internet connection. I only ever play offline, why should i have to have an internet connection to play a game i own offline?!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.1%