grr cant get any faster any advice?

Morning gents, I have been doing some races in public lobbies over the past 2 days and although im not the slowest im off the pace somewhat. I have just changed my g27 settings to some i have seen posted on here in the last few days which has helped with the feel of the car a little bit. My pb is a 1.49.841.

I decided to hot lap this morning something i have never done and put a clip on youtube over 4 laps with 4 different camera angles all 4 laps were very close in times.

Can anybody point me where i need to make improvements or change my driving style ect.
im no youtuber so its straight from in game un edited!

Not an expert, but i think you're braking bit early on many corners (ex. From pits, you can brake verly slightly past the 100m marker). I dont hear much of the tires at the corners (unless tires audio is too low in settings), so maybe you can still go bit faster with enough grip. Not in my PC but try searching in youtube (not necessarily the BMW), there are good references (ex.RobyF1).

thanks for the input.

tyre audio is up im just trying to be as fluent as possible without scrubbing tyres, I do struggle with breaking points just coming from forza and getting used to a wheel from racing with a pad.

tyre pressures stay relatively good across the session in sidkick app and my dashmeter pro i have the temps on but doesnt show on the clip.

I guess i will keep at it putting some laps in and join some league or race nights instead of public lobbies

Driving wrong in sims is the key feature to obtain fast laps.
Here we go again...
Btw, that's a hell of an advice, really helpfull.
Morning gents, I have been doing some races in public lobbies over the past 2 days and although im not the slowest im off the pace somewhat. I have just changed my g27 settings to some i have seen posted on here in the last few days which has helped with the feel of the car a little bit. My pb is a 1.49.841.

I decided to hot lap this morning something i have never done and put a clip on youtube over 4 laps with 4 different camera angles all 4 laps were very close in times.

Can anybody point me where i need to make improvements or change my driving style ect.
im no youtuber so its straight from in game un edited!
The major mistake i can see is that you brake too early in some of the turns, like at the Correntaio. Trail-braking will come naturally with time, so don't focus too much on that. Try to go less wide at Luco so that you can have a better line at Poggio Secco. You brake too early at the Casanova and you also turn too early. That turn is very important as you will carry that speed until the Arrabbiata 1. You can carry a bit more speed at the Arrabbiata 1, while Arrabbiata 2 was fine. Last general advice is to not get closer to the turn while you brake. You ruin your entry line doing so and you have to slow more than necessary.
Since you are already a premium member, i suggest you to join the Tatuus race every tuesday. Imho the best event here on RD to learn to drive and set your car for the race (since some of the regular drivers there meet often to discuss about driving lines and setups).
If you have any question, feel free to ask ;)

Here we go again...
Btw, that's a hell of an advice, really helpfull.

The major mistake i can see is that you brake too early in some of the turns, like at the Correntaio. Trail-braking will come naturally with time, so don't focus too much on that. Try to go less wide at Luco so that you can have a better line at Poggio Secco. You brake too early at the Casanova and you also turn too early. That turn is very important as you will carry that speed until the Arrabbiata 1. You can carry a bit more speed at the Arrabbiata 1, while Arrabbiata 2 was fine. Last general advice is to not get closer to the turn while you brake. You ruin your entry line doing so and you have to slow more than necessary.
Since you are already a premium member, i suggest you to join the Tatuus race every tuesday. Imho the best event here on RD to learn to drive and set your car for the race (since some of the regular drivers there meet often to discuss about driving lines and setups).
If you have any question, feel free to ask ;)
I agree with this guy, you could definitely use more of the road. I don't drive GT cars but it is clear in the video you are turning in too early a bit and also not getting on the power early enough on exit sometimes. You are either ending up in the middle of the track on exit or using steering to bring you to the outside edge again, if you get on the power early enough it should bring you to the outside edge nicely most of the time.

My thoughts on the lap (it's worth noting I could pick apart any of my own laps in the same way as this, there is always something that can be improved!)

Final turn at the start - You are taking a very tight line, you don't need a fast entry (lap hasnt started yet) so you can focus exclusively on exit speed here.

T1 - You could brake and turn in a little later, this should mean you can get on the power earlier.

T2/T3 - You didnt go too aggressive into T2 which is good, this should allow you to get a good line and exit through T3. You had to back off/stay off throttle near T3 apex I think from trying to carry too much speed in T3 entry, you could try lifting earlier and hopefully being able to stay on the loud pedal out the turn as a result.

T4 - Good.

T5 - I think you could have got on the power a tiny bit earlier, still some room outside on exit (but only a little.)

T6 - You turned in too early and had to release the steering, there is easy room for improvement here.

T7 - You could carry some more speed through here, plenty of room outside on exit.

T8 - Good, you could maybe get on the power a little earlier.

T9 - Looked pretty good, I wonder if you had lifted on entry rather than on exit whether you could have a better drive out of this corner (that said there isnt much of a straight between here and T10)

T10 - I think you turned in too early here, I don't know if it is the fastest way but I like to treat this a bit like T2/T3 and sacrifice 10 for a good line into and drive out of turn 11.

T11 - I think you did the best you could with the line you had to take on entry.

T12 - I think you could carry much more speed into here, trail braking deep into the corner. Have you tried holding 3rd gear here?

T13 - You were full throttle so should be fine.

T14 - I think you could carry more speed in, staying out wider for longer. The sand trap on the outside can be a problem here if you don't point the nose in early but I still think there is room to carry more speed and be a bit wider but still safe.

Here we go again...
Btw, that's a hell of an advice, really helpful.
The common sense would be to get on the power early, but make the car exit slower...

I personally think pressing the gas button not before the apex is quicker. Long trail brake till apex or coast until you meet the apex... Right on the apex press the gas button, car exit quicker.

Give near zero **** about elevation & go on with the same process. Kind of work for me.

The common sense would be to get on the power early, but make the car exit slower...

I personally think pressing the gas button not before the apex is quicker. Long trail brake till apex or coast until you meet the apex... Right on the apex press the gas button, car exit quicker.

Give near zero **** about elevation & go on with the same process. Kind of work for me.
I disagree with that. I'm often getting on the throttle before or at the apex. This is the only video of mine I could find with pedal inputs (it isn't a great lap, I uploaded it to show the 918 brakes work ok for me at a fairly curvaceous track even with my rather erratic brake input.) Most of the corners I'm on power before or at the apex.

I'm not sure what you mean. I didn't intend to make any comparison between that 918 video and the OP's video (except that his input is far smoother and nicer than mine :D ...my excuse is, super light load cell, wheel stand and office chair.) just as an example of something I think I do most of the time, get on throttle before or at the apex.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back