Group Lotus to become Renault title sponsors

i don't care about all this confusion about lotus renault and team lotus or what ever they are called because i was happy lotus was back in 2010 now i will be twice as happy as there will now be two lotuses teams with one maybe competing at the front

Team Lotus had decided not to change the coloring of their cars in the 2011 year: colors will be familiar green and yellow.

"After deliberations, shareholders of the teams with Riad Asmat and Mike Gascoyne have decided that next year they will keep the green and yellow - the head of Team Lotus, Tony Fernandes, in his microblog on Twitter. - It's stupid, if there will be four cars, painted in black and gold.

When Formula 1 is striving to become "greener", it is better to choose green. In addition to that, for many people black-and-gold gamma associated with cigarettes. "

Recall that in the 70's - 80's. cigarette brand John Player Special was the title sponsor of Team Lotus.

Thus, the problem with identical coloring of the Team Lotus cars and Lotus Renault GP, solved. However, there remain other problen, more important and difficult: which team has more rights to use the legendary brand Lotus in Formula 1? This dispute is likely to become protracted, and it could solve only at a court.

Incidentally, Fernandes on his Twitter has also confirmed that on 21 February, Sir Richard Branson really act as a flight attendant on AirAsia flight. Earlier this year, the head of Virgin Group, has concluded the bet with Fernandes that one of them, whose team lost in the mini-battle for newcomers of Formula 1, to work as a stewardess on the board of opponent's airline. Because Lotus Racing ahead of Virgin, Branson will then meet the conditions of a gentlemen's agreement.

We can assume that tickets for this unusual AirAsia flight from London to Kuala Lumpur will be sold out in advance.
Resource - http://www.f1news.ru/news/f1-62878.html

Some interesting news. Interview with Eric Boullier :

A dispute between two teams of Formula 1 for the rights to use the name "Lotus" is expected to be protracted, although Gerard Lopez, co-owner of Lotus Renault, hopes to start the championship situation is clarified.

However, Tony Fernandes and Mike Gascoyne believes that their Team Lotus acquired the right of the former legal owner, David Hunt, therefore, it can be considered as a legitimate owner. In the official FIA list team is listed as Team Lotus, where the Renault F1 Group Lotus is only a title sponsor, formally.

But the head of Lotus Renault Eric Boullier disagree.

"I just know that the company Proton (which owns Group Lotus) has decided to become our investor and act as a sponsor. Therefore, WE ARE the officials of the Lotus - quoted Boullier italian site 422race.com. - Someone else might try to call the team Lotus, but in any case, the Lotus Cars and Proton concern are our partners.

You know, if I'm in England, meeting a man, whose name, for example, Richard Ferrari, and buy him the rights to use his name, it would be pretty stupid. And now it looks that way. First and foremost, the fans who dearly historical heritage of Lotus suffer ... »

Gerard Lopez, head of fund Genii, which owns a controlling stake in Lotus Renault, said that next year his team will fight for the victory.

"If in 2011 we did not win a single race, or at least we will not fight for victory, I'll be disappointed - Lopez said in an interview with BBC Oxford. - The team is progressing and is committed to success. Our goal - only victories. "

I do not like the way he drove this season. Only two races were good. Hungary and Abu Dhabi. The car was pretty good - Robert shown us the car potential. Maybe Petrov really need to gain experience and then we could see really strong team with two drivers at the top.

When a confrontation between two teams competing for a legendary name Lotus, is gaining, the boss of one of them, Tony Fernandes announced his plans to use the machines in the coloring black and gold colors - that they have for fifteen years in the 70's and 80's th remain a symbol of the glorious team of Colin Chapman.

But competitors of the Malaysian businessman are not wasting time and released black-and-gold livery for Lotus Renault R31 earlier. After that, Fernandes reviewed the original decision.

The new car, bring her out on the road, gained index 128 EF - in honor of Emerson Fittipaldi. The Brazilian became the world champion in 1972, driving black and gold Lotus 72D. The design of this car is called "one of the best in the history of Formula 1, it is there looking for inspiration for the participants of the competition announced Team Lotus. The winner eventually became Rafael Campos, whose version you may see in the pictures.

Attachments

• 63059.jpg
    63059.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 200
  • lotus1(1).jpg
    lotus1(1).jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 192

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years