AC Group C @ Watkins Glen Boot Classic - Tuesday 30th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. @640er will be your host for this event.

-----

Grow yourself a beard and put on your racing gloves, Group C is back. No ABS, no TC, up to 700PS and only 900kg.

This week we're off to race the iconic Group C, at the all-time classic circuit Watkins Glen! A challenging circuit, this time with no bus stop for these beasts to worry about!

1280px-Watkins_Glen_International_Track_Map-1970-1980.svg.png

Come join us and make the event one to remember!

Screenshot-ks-mercedes-c9-lilski-watkins-glen-23-3-121-18-35-30.jpg

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Porsche 962C long and short tail versions, Mazda 787b, Sauber-Mercedes C9
  • 18:00 UTC (19:00 DST) | Practice (80 minutes)
  • 19:20 UTC (20:20 DST) | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 19:40 UTC (20:40 DST) | Race (30 minutes)

Further Event details on Simracing.gp

Register your car for this event

1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.

Useful links
  1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord

Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Practice and race server password: click here

Click here for entry list

See you on track!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

entry.png

Y E S

I'm in! Thinking about taking the mazda for a rip this time. Just to listen to the wankel more than anything :)

One day I will betray my C9 just to enjoy that sound for one race day

Last edited:
Hopefully this event and the close racing is as good as spa. It's a pretty grippy surface here... that was in a gt3 Z4 though.
I did some practice laps to see if this track is any good with Group C and I had a blast. Especially the first half feels damn fast and has a great flow to it. I hope there's no car too OP but that's just how it is at Group C.

I Will stick with my trusty Porsche Long Tail, 30 minutes will make the tyre choice here interesting.
As Andreas said, much more fun than I ever thought it was going to be. Almost abandoned the LT.
But keeping it in the spirit of the thing, sticking with the LT seems only right.
I hope to give Andreas a run for his money if I can. :unsure:

I did some practice laps to see if this track is any good with Group C and I had a blast. Especially the first half feels damn fast and has a great flow to it. I hope there's no car too OP but that's just how it is at Group C.

I took the C9 for practice as well. It felt amazing on this track, might be competitive too. What do you have the turbo set at during race Andreas? I wonder if the engine will last 30min at 100% :rolleyes:

I took the C9 for practice as well. It felt amazing on this track, might be competitive too. What do you have the turbo set at during race Andreas? I wonder if the engine will last 30min at 100% :rolleyes:
1 0 0 % :cool:

Turn off the damage display and you'll be fine :)

Yeah it's not working for me...no button. I am a member, since the first beta tests.
hmmm, I am not showing as an RD member although the join RD button is not active

Last edited:
I'm sure the shrieking 787B is overmatched here as everywhere, but dang it's fun slinging it around the classic old Glen. Point, shoot and hang on. Yippee-kai-A! Great fit on this track.

Probably really bad karma to bring it up, but an interesting if macabre note: In 1973 in turn 7, a German fellow named Helmuth Koinigg showed what would have happened to Romain Grosjean without modern safety measures. Maybe the worst incident in F1 history, a year after Francois Cevert's death in turn 3 drove Jackie Stewart into retirement.

Racing has its dark side Jon, luckily, so far I have not come across one fatality in sim racing, plenty of bruised egos, but no fatalities. :unsure:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 188 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 509 39.0%