AC Group C @ Watkins Glen Boot Classic - Tuesday 30th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for the race guys! I was one of the guys benefiting from the T5 crash, and was briefly up to fourth before being overtaken by a C9 and a LongTail. Tried to defend, but not easy on the long straight. Had a good battle with Guido for a couple of laps before he lost pace and dropped back with some issue (?). Ended p6, which is around where my pace should place me, happy that I didn't spin or otherwise mess up my own race this time.

Love Group C, will be back for more!

he he. had a great and very enjoyable race, some good battles with the ST brigade and especially with Andreas, but what a problem it was.
My LT certainly wears its hard tyres better, Andreas was certainly having issues, there were a few times I could have taken advantage, but, then what, he every time would have sailed past on the long straight, plus it would have always have been risky.:unsure:
So I waited for a big mistake, which never came.:(
The fast lads were long gone, so the lower places were up for grabs, which I think for everyone made it most enjoyable.
This series should be oversubscribed, there is so much room for individuals to have their own unique setup strategy.

Well done podiums and @Interslice for his organisation.

Had only little practice and was on default setup so my pace was not the best on the short tail Porsche.
But nevertheless race was fun, had some good fights.
Ten minutes to the end my mediums were done, went a little wide at the last corner and a train of three guys went past and gone was my p4.....
Someone mentioned my name in chat right after race, sorry didnt see who it was and so I could not respond as I also didnt hear clearly what was said.

Actually enjoyed the car more than I thought, thanks for close racing wit you guys and organization.

cu next time

Last edited:
We definitely do!

Good race everyone, Congrats again @Reik Major! I can't believe you got such a good run on the outside on the last lap. I was a little careful since my tires were bad and I didn't want to risk sending you into the wall but still, I thought I had it!

Also, my tip to everyone. If you want to get more consistent with the short tail / mazda? Practice with the C9 :roflmao:
Thank you very much mate. You're always racing very fair, so I can trust you leaving some room if we're going side by side. :thumbsup:

My start was OK. But from the outside I had a better run into T1 to take P1. This time Erik played the Spa game the other way around, so he slipstreamed me down the straight to eventually overtake me and get into P1 for the next laps.

I was chasing Erik closly, sometimes making little mistakes but quickly closing the gap again. After a few laps, Erik made a mistake and I could drive around him into the lead. Now he made pressure on me and I couldn't open a gap. So after a few laps, Erik benefitted from his longer 3rd and 4th gear and overtook me again into T5 (the long right hander after the straight).

Now it was again me to make pressure on Erik. The tyres were very worn close to the end but we didn't to big mistakes. Finally into T1 for the last time, Erik had little trouble at the exit which brought me into his slip stream. He pulled me up the hill onto the straight and defended on the inside. We braked in parallel and I was able to hold the outside line through T5 so I could gain P1 again and shiver it home eventually. :)

Again a very intense Group C race with very brave gentlemen around (especially the non-ST-drivers) :thumbsup:;)

Thanks for hosting @640er !!!

At least it didn't ruin your race! That was fantastic. I have put a brake performance kit in my clubsport v3s and I am astonished how much more consistent I am. I would have finished higher on any other night, but it seems everyone was really consistent all night.

We need a league in these cars.

It made my race more interesting! I seen in the replay you had a big wobble trying to get going again and fish tailed into me. Happens so easily in these cars. Thought at the time you just didn't see me going for the gap. Doubt i would have had the pace to hold onto the group that got away from the crash anyway, so probably would have sat in no mans land for 25 minutes and finished in the same spot.
Instead there was some good battles with @edo22 and @Stefano La Commare in the mercs. I was finally able to escape for the last few laps when you got into a battle with eduardo just behind me and i slowly pulled away.

Congrats ro the podium. Very impressive pace and consistancy again. Thanks to all who togged out and @640er for organising :thumbsup:

I'm tempted to stick with the mazda going the next one but the 5 laps i had in the c9 yesterday has my wanting another go in it! I didn't get any time to practice for this one today, so didn't want to jump in cold with that big turbo!

he he. had a great and very enjoyable race, some good battles with the ST brigade and especially with Andreas, but what a problem it was.
My LT certainly wears its hard tyres better, Andreas was certainly having issues, there were a few times I could have taken advantage, but, then what, he every time would have sailed past on the long straight, plus it would have always have been risky.:unsure:

The only issue I had, was a fast LT in my mirrors :D The hard compound felt good until the end. Had about ~75 left according to Sidekicks.

I'm tempted to stick with the mazda going the next one but the 5 laps i had in the c9 yesterday has my wanting another go in it! I didn't get any time to practice for this one today, so didn't want to jump in cold with that big turbo!

Hehe and there goes another one :) Go for it, once you get the hang of it, it isn't that difficult to handle. Coming out of a corner in second gear can be tricky but with a little bit of patience you can survive :) And the C9 really loves trail-braking. Applying just a little bit of brake pressure until the apex lets it rotate much better.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 401 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 272 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 259 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 188 7.7%
  • < 5 years