AC Group C @ Watkins Glen Boot Classic - Tuesday 30th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Interesting. Is that with the wings at max or min settings?

All tested with my race setups for each car, I have driven them all on various circuits, so these were the setups I tested them at, obviously you can modify those values with wing choice.
but the basic downforce is inherent to each car, that will remain.
I use much more wing on the Mazda than any of the others, for me, it gets very twitchy with low wing settings, so, I think I drove it at Silverstone, had to swap straight-line speed for not constantly coming off. :unsure:
If the Mazda could be driven with a very low wing it would be very quick, not sure about it, just from memory, I think I tested it at no chicane le mans.

Just in case @Erik Axelsson and I have the same satisfying race with the 962 here as we had at spa I'd be open for the challenge that Erik and I both choose the C9 for the next event. ;)

I know it would be very tough, especially with my cheap pedals but I'd like to prove then I'm a real man. :x3:

Also it would give @640er a tiny, very well deserved advantage in experience.

So, what do you guys think? (Man I'm already worrying I really wrote this :confused:)

That is a very good idea Reik, I nominate brands hatch indy circuit.:unsure:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

We will all be in the ST.

Last edited:
All tested with my race setups for each car, I have driven them all on various circuits, so these were the setups I tested them at, obviously you can modify those values with wing choice.
but the basic downforce is inherent to each car, that will remain.
I use much more wing on the Mazda than any of the others, for me, it gets very twitchy with low wing settings, so, I think I drove it at Silverstone, had to swap straight-line speed for not constantly coming off. :unsure:
If the Mazda could be driven with a very low wing it would be very quick, not sure about it, just from memory, I think I tested it at no chicane le mans.

Ye was wondeering for the mazda. It feels to me a bit like the gt3 911 in it's wing settings.

Short tail for me, my question is fuel load for the race? Had half an hour and was hitting 1:37 quite consistently on the mediums but after reading this thread I'll be changing to hards! I'm guessing 20 something laps of fuel

I would say 20 laps should be ok... I'm hoping I'm not ten seconds of the pace!

Knocked out 5 laps in the merc mazda and ST just there. All within .3 of a second of each other! ST was low wing, mazda medium and C9 max wing.

Just on feel, the mazda seems capable of the most downforce as you turn up the clicks, but the wankel has such poor torque it does start to skim off alot of speed using it.

Last edited:
Oh, I was thinking of something like Indy 500 or something similar with less corners.

But honestly I stand for my words. So lets see what tomorrows race brings first.

Maybe we'll do a C9 exclusive event one day, or we wait until we get to LeMans. ;)

I wrote this to Axel because he set the best RSR time with the C9 at Watkins. Maybe he's up for something ...

@Erik Axelsson when will you announce your switch to the C9? :p

Haha, let me guess where you been lurking around ;) I tried it out and I was having a blast, I ended up hot lapping on my own for two hours. C9 next time for sure!

Just in case @Erik Axelsson and I have the same satisfying race with the 962 here as we had at spa I'd be open for the challenge that Erik and I both choose the C9 for the next event. ;)

I'm totally up for that! It's such a cool car. The real challenge would be to keep it on the black stuff for 30 mins. :roflmao:

Edit: Me and Reik next race
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I tried it out and I was having a blast, I ended up hot lapping on my own for two hours. C9 next time for sure!

I'm totally up for that! It's such a cool car. The real challenge would be to keep it on the black stuff for 30 mins. :roflmao:
Bye bye ST, that’s how it starts. The ST may be super competitive but it will never be able to provide you the excitement the C9 or LT does and once you had it you won’t go back.

Here is the setup I was using

Attachments

• Glen 30 mins.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 44
Just a fantastic race. Sorry to who I clipped in the downhill esses - I dropped to the back as I wasn't sure who I hit.

Stefano, great battle.

Eduardo - you're a lunatic!
I was in your slipstream and when i moved to the right to overtake you, you also moved to the right, somehow we managed to keep the car without crashing, but i really think it wasn't my fault.

Thank you all for the race, it was my first time with the group C and it was really a challenge just to keep the car on track, looking forward to the next :thumbsup:

Edit: after reading the message that Brian posted maybe you weren't referring to me.

Last edited:
I was me gary, no worries. I thought i would be able to squeeze through!

At least it didn't ruin your race! That was fantastic. I have put a brake performance kit in my clubsport v3s and I am astonished how much more consistent I am. I would have finished higher on any other night, but it seems everyone was really consistent all night.

We need a league in these cars.

Thanks for the great race all. A real challenge and nice to be back full manual (I've been racing GT3 and GT4) Clean hard racing apart from the first lap where a C9 seems to have been caught out by how much faster they were but how much earlier they had to brake as they came ploughing in to two of us on the right hander after the main straight ha. Luckily we managed to keep facing the right way and carry on only losing a couple of places.

See you again sometime

We need a league in these cars.

We definitely do!

Good race everyone, Congrats again @Reik Major! I can't believe you got such a good run on the outside on the last lap. I was a little careful since my tires were bad and I didn't want to risk sending you into the wall but still, I thought I had it!

Also, my tip to everyone. If you want to get more consistent with the short tail / mazda? Practice with the C9 :roflmao:

I was in your slipstream and when i moved to the right to overtake you, you also moved to the right, somehow we managed to keep the car without crashing, but i really think it wasn't my fault.

Thank you all for the race, it was my first time with the group C and it was really a challenge just to keep the car on track, looking forward to the next :thumbsup:

Edit: after reading the message that Brian posted maybe you weren't referring to me.

That's why I thought you were a lunatic! I moved over to defend the line when I saw you and you still managed to get through the tiniest gap I left on the right! Nicely done, it was a great overtake. Very brave.

That's why I thought you were a lunatic! I moved over to defend the line when I saw you and you still managed to get through the tiniest gap I left on the right! Nicely done, it was a great overtake. Very brave.

Thank you, i didn't understand what you meant with "lunatic", also your defending move was brave, you had a rocketship chasing you! :roflmao:

It was scary, but at 350km/h i didn't have time to think and just went for that little gap.

Thanks for racing guys and congrats to the podium :thumbsup:

I messed up my start completely and lost 3 or 4 places. Back on the long straight I joined the party of @Kek700 and @SwannyUK which resulted in going 3 wide into T5. Who could have though that this would have been a bad idea :D Went for the gap on the inside and couldn't avoid Chris who closed the inside line. That was too optimistic from my side, my apologies.

But the race itself afterwards was fun. Chasing down some ST's whilst beeing under constant pressure from Ernie (of course) . Time went by extremly quick

If you don't know Road Atlanta by know, the MX-5 cup on Wednesday or the GT3 race on Sunday may be good oportunities. The next Group C race will be most likely there :thumbsup:

Screenshot_ks_mercedes_c9_lilski_watkins_glen_30-3-121-22-45-44.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mercedes_c9_lilski_watkins_glen_30-3-121-22-41-22.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%