AC Group C @ Spa - Fri 03Nov17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Why is the Short Tail not available?

Just makes it a little easier. ST is down on power per kg and weighs just a tad more than the LT. Blasting up Kemmel straight just thought the extra grunt made more sense

Even though I can't join this event please allow me a comment on this matter.

I like the Group C cars a lot, so I gave them a spin on the practice server and the 962 short tail in the same conditions offline. I could build up the best feeling for the short tail but also liked the long tail and the C9. Finally my best lap with the short tail was 1,3 faster than the best with the long tail, which again was 0,5 faster than the best with the C9. And I really tried my best with each car. The top speed of the short one was only 10 kph slower.

So I think the cars are more or less balanced, depending on the driver and which car he can handle best.

So if there's a Croup C event again, please put the short tail on the list, too. I'll do my very best to participate then.

Let me know, if I shall post my setups here. I'm writing from my mobile atm...

Even though it's on paper the slowest Spa lap time car, I'll take the C9. It's always been a favorite of mine from a decade ago. It's also the hardest to control. So I'm going to take this as just a practice session and spin out multiple times throughout the race... lol

Even though it's on paper the slowest Spa lap time car, I'll take the C9. It's always been a favorite of mine from a decade ago. It's also the hardest to control. So I'm going to take this as just a practice session and spin out multiple times throughout the race... lol
I love the car because it's Schumacher drove one of these or a later variant. I got a question for you? Are those tires on the rear of that car or are they just hides that get ripped off every time you go near the throttle:D

Bobby with great regret I have to miss out on this event :-(
I will be at the WEC race the whole weekend to see and hear the swansong of the Porsche 919 LMP1-H while the Group-C race is on and double scheduled :-(

I wish I could split myself and do both but it would look funny me jumping on one leg around the Shanghai International Circuit.

Really sorry I can't make this one because I love driving these cars!! Unfortunately I also have a football game to go to on Friday night (darn TV schedules). Even though my mighty Utah Utes will probably loose again I feel obligated to support them:confused::rolleyes: Have a good race without me and make sure to have another round with these brutes soon!!

Really sorry I can't make this one because I love driving these cars!! Unfortunately I also have a football game to go to on Friday night (darn TV schedules). Even though my mighty Utah Utes will probably loose again I feel obligated to support them:confused::rolleyes: Have a good race without me and make sure to have another round with these brutes soon!!
I understand Keith. We will do them more often. Maybe your Utes will be successful. Our UT Volunteers absolutely suck and Butch, now in his 5th year, needs to exit stage left.

Just makes it a little easier. ST is down on power per kg and weighs just a tad more than the LT. Blasting up Kemmel straight just thought the extra grunt made more sense;) I'll put you down with the Long Tail and you just let me know if you change your mind:thumbsup:
Forget what I´ve said, I´m really tired so sign me out please:(

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%