AC Group C @ Spa Francorchamps - Tuesday 16th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What program do you use to make videos? I tried several times but it always gets very choppy even though the game itself runs smooth while recording. Am I cranking up the settings to high you think?
To record from screen I bought "fraps" ages ago. It lets you decide at which resolution and fps you want to record. So my older pc lets me only record at half of my screen resolution.

The resulting very very large avi-file I edit with wondershare video converter. It's just to convert the avi straight forward into a common file like mp4 or so. Optional you can easily edit the recorded avi like cutting or merging a few pieces into one before converting into the final file.

Finally the converter does a good job when upscaling my recorded avi (960x540) into a mp4 (1280x720). That's why the final image isn't as sharp as my real view and might look a bit blurry but I'm fine with it and can't do it any better...

To all,

We're doing a test on Thursday for a solution for the 2x25min races with reverse grid (first 5) that we use to have but what's not facilitated (yet) in s.gp.
It's limited to 10 participants but only three have registered. I would like to have some more volunteers in the test where of course things can go wrong.

So if you have 1,5 hours to spare, please register on s.gp here: https://beta.simracing.gp/championships/Xry0GDrW8cpdLvqMuUlPt

It's an Audi TT event on Zandvoort so not too hard. If you do (great :thumbsup: !), please read the rules under the "Scoring" tab. And being on Discord is absolutely necessary for this.

Last edited:
Just curious what type of tires were yall using and why? I was on softs and they seemed to get pretty bad toward the end of the race. Thx

I use the Protyres app. it does what the tyre app does in AC, but also tells you the correct pressure and how far you are away from it, +/_
It also tells you how many laps you have in three stages of wear.
If I run Softs I have two full laps, then they go into the Yellow, that is my race shot.
The ST due to its higher DF gets more laps, how you managed 15 must go into the book of Simracing miracles.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I use the Protyres app. it does what the tyre app does in AC, but also tells you the correct pressure and how far you are away from it, +/_
It also tells you how many laps you have in three stages of wear.
If I run Softs I have two full laps, then they go into the Yellow, that is my race shot.
The ST due to its higher DF gets more laps, how you managed 15 must go into the book of Simracing miracles.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
The secret is to spin the car until the tires are good and hot, then slam the brakes so they lock up and almost slide into the guy in front of you!
...Just a little tip from your old buddy chris

To all,

We're doing a test on Thursday for a solution for the 2x25min races with reverse grid (first 5) that we use to have but what's not facilitated (yet) in s.gp.
It's limited to 10 participants but only three have registered. I would like to have some more volunteers in the test where of course things can go wrong.

So if you have 1,5 hours to spare, please register on s.gp here: https://beta.simracing.gp/championships/Xry0GDrW8cpdLvqMuUlPt

It's an Audi TT event on Zandvoort so not too hard. If you do (great :thumbsup: !), please read the rules under the "Scoring" tab. And being on Discord is absolutely necessary for this.

Just registered. :thumbsup:

May I recommend you to open an own thread for this test event? I'm sure there'll be something to discuss after the race, experiences, conclusions, etc... (so it wouldn't spoil this thread)

To all,

Here's my setup from this test. I built it from scratch within 20 minutes. My first ever laps with this car at this track. Else I only drove it one time at the nordschleife, so there may be room for improvement.

I stayed on softs for the 25 minutes race and ignored the cooking left front tyre.

Attachments

• R-V1.16.4-a-r.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 47
Here's my setup from this test. I built it from scratch within 20 minutes. My first ever laps with this car at this track. Else I only drove it one time at the nordschleife, so there may be room for improvement.

I stayed on softs for the 25 minutes race and ignored the cooking left front tyre.
Thanks,Reik. I really need this to understand why I was 3s slower on such a short track. 1 second is normal but 3 isn't.

EDIT: Did a few laps: 1s faster, my first 1.43 :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Inspired by the videos here I started making one... It took me a bit longer :roflmao: Credit to @640er for the thumbnail!

We must get these cars out for a few spins over the autumb/winter. Maybe sometime after the Fat alfie championship.

We can do a championship after the 'Back to the Sixties' championship (last race 2nd November) on Tuesdays.
It would be nice if we could find a 'balanced mix of tracks' where alternately the C9/LT have the advantage and the ST/787 on other tracks.

I don't have the time to find such a mix. It will take a lot of testing as I experienced with the Back to the Sixties championship. And even more with 4 cars!
But maybe we can make it a multiclass being the C9/LT the speed class and the ST/787 the other class. That way the balance isn't that important anymore because points are awarded per class.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 270 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 180 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 133 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 238 13.5%