AC Group C @ Spa Francorchamps - Tuesday 16th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Guys,
I have configured a championship with two races to test the reverse grid/gentleman's agreement for coming Thursday. I've limited it to 10 participants. The total will take 1,5 hour. Please register if you are able to join.

EDIT: I suppose that after race 1, you have to wait in the online screen until the second events start and then join. I don't think that will go automatically. Be sure to refresh the page!

Nice! I've signed up but I'm not 100% sure I can make it.

I chickened out at the last minute. Both the Mazda and I are overmatched on that track, and with very rusty live-racing racecraft, I've decided discretion is the better part of valor. Of course that's what all we cowards say, lol... anyway good luck and have fun and I will see you at some point. Some track without Eau Rouge / Radillon perhaps...

Nice! I've signed up but I'm not 100% sure I can make it.
Oh! Hope you can make it though. We need you as a benchmark. :alien::thumbsup:;)

To my luck, my wife's appointment has changed from our house to another location, so I race tonight.

On the other side I'm alone with the kids and my little one was a bit ill last days. So keep fingers crossed she'll sleep all the race. :sleep::p

Thanks for the race guys! Really enjoyed that!

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_spa_16-2-121-22-31-40.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_spa_16-2-121-22-32-39-2.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_spa_16-2-121-22-35-47.jpg

Oh! Hope you can make it though. We need you as a benchmark. :alien::thumbsup:;)

To my luck, my wife's appointment has changed from our house to another location, so I race tonight.

On the other side I'm alone with the kids and my little one was a bit ill last days. So keep fingers crossed she'll sleep all the race. :sleep::p

Congrats Reik, you were the benchmark tonight mate! :thumbsup:

Should have gone with hard tires! I think I had a small in advantage using the 1st gear in the beginning, then it turned to the opposite when tires started wear off.

I was a little surprised by the first attack and didn't defend properly. When I was trying to take the position back I realized I didn't have Helicorsa turned on and decided to take it easy. Then I got to far away from slipstream and just couldn't get close enough for the rest of the race. Well done!

Thank you all for racing tonight :thumbsup: Great to have Group C back. Congrats to @Erik Axelsson , @Reik Major and all who survived ;)

Next Group C race will be in 3-4 weeks and I hope you'll be back for more action.

My race itself was uneventful. Can not say boring because the C9 never allows you to get bored but I was missing fights for position. Rear tires gave up after ~20mins which resulted in the guys behind me coming closer and closer. One more lap and P3 would be gone. Next time I have to go back to hards.

Screenshot_ks_mercedes_c9_spa_16-3-121-22-44-7.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mercedes_c9_spa_16-3-121-22-46-34.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mercedes_c9_spa_16-3-121-22-56-39.jpg

Screenshot_ks_mercedes_c9_spa_16-3-121-22-37-41.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mercedes_c9_spa_16-3-121-22-39-26.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mercedes_c9_spa_16-3-121-22-49-0.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all for racing tonight :thumbsup: Great to have Group C back. Congrats to @Erik Axelsson , @Reik Major and all who survived ;)

Next Group C race will be in 3-4 weeks and I hope you'll be back for more action.

My race itself was uneventful. Can not say boring because the C9 never allows you to get bored but I was missing fights for position. Rear tires gave up after ~20mins which resulted in the guys behind me coming closer and closer. One more lap and P3 would be gone. Next time I have to go back to hards.

View attachment 455518View attachment 455519View attachment 455521
View attachment 455516View attachment 455517View attachment 455520

I tried to push a bit, to put more pressure on your tyres. Just a touch too hard through the bus stop and she went all weird and slippy. Think it bottomed out on the kerb.. Fine margins with these!

Congrats Reik, you were the benchmark tonight mate! :thumbsup:

Should have gone with hard tires! I think I had a small in advantage using the 1st gear in the beginning, then it turned to the opposite when tires started wear off.

I was a little surprised by the first attack and didn't defend properly. When I was trying to take the position back I realized I didn't have Helicorsa turned on and decided to take it easy. Then I got to far away from slipstream and just couldn't get close enough for the rest of the race. Well done!

Thank you very much. Honestly I didn't expect me to be so close to you tonight. I think using 2nd gear all time out of the last chicane and turn 1 was a slight advantage. So it would've become interesting later on, if you'd defended my first pass successfuly. ;)

However it was one of the most intense 30 minutes races I've ever done. Driving on eggs every single corner with consistant pressure from @Erik Axelsson in P2 was enforcing me to give my best all time and do a very clean race.

Only in the beginning of the penultimate lap I made a mistake, touching the grass when turning into T1. It send my sideways close to a spin and brought Erik in a good position on the inside. Fortunately I had better traction in a straight line then, so today the luck was on my side. ;):whistling:

Very well done to everyone. Group C cars are a handfull. :thumbsup:

And huge thanks to @640er for hosting this one! :inlove: And congrats for bringing home the beast in P3! :confused::thumbsup:

...oh dear, I'm still so excited! So here's the link to the replay file recorded in full quality, my qualy and race setups attached and I couldn't resist in making a vid of the first 2 laps, using two different cam tool 2 sets. (I hope you enjoy it, even though I'm not able to record in full HD :(:poop::whistling:)

Did I forget soemthing? Oh yes! @Marko77 did very well, when Erik and I lapped him on the last lap. That was very close to become a decider but was very well handled by you Mark! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• R-V1.16.4-RA-ac-lw-r.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 41
  • R-V1.16.4-RA-ac-lw.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Thank you very much. Honestly I didn't expect me to be so close to you tonight. I think using 2nd gear all time out of the last chicane and turn 1 was a slight advantage. So it would've become interesting later on, if you'd defended my first pass successfuly. ;)

However it was one of the most intense 30 minutes races I've ever done. Driving on eggs every single corner with consistant pressure from @Erik Axelsson in P2 was enforcing me to give my best all time and do a very clean race.

Only in the beginning of the penultimate lap I made a mistake, touching the grass when turning into T1. It send my sideways close to a spin and brought Erik in a good position on the inside. Fortunately I had better traction in a straight line then, so today the luck was on my side. ;):whistling:

And huge thanks to @640er for hosting this one! :inlove: And congrats for bringing home the beast in P3! :confused::thumbsup:

...oh dear, I'm still so excited! So here's the link to the replay file recorded in full quality, my qualy and race setups attached and I couldn't resist in making a vid of the first 2 laps, using two different cam tool 2 sets. (I hope you enjoy it, even though I'm not able to record in full HD :(:poop::whistling:)

Did I forget soemthing? Oh yes! @Marko77 did very well, when Erik and I lapped him on the last lap. That was very close to become a decider but was very well handled by you Mark! :thumbsup:

@Reik Major congrats! I had to decide stay on the racing line or telegraph moving over. Glad it worked out well. :thumbsup: Wanted not to get lapped as a final goal. I made a last minute change to 2nd gear that cost me in rhythm and got slippery during 1st lap. Was turning 2:15s in practice but not race day. Had fun learning this car.

Not my finest 30 min, I knew I was really up against it, managed a 10.8 in practice for the race, but it takes so many laps to do it with softs, there was no reality in it at all. Especially as they only last 2 laps.
It has half the downforce of the ST, even the C9 has 10% more.
Must have had loads of off track limit calls, probably dozens of them . :roflmao: :roflmao:
it would spin the rears anywhere and in any gear, except in a straight line, even then it was only in 5th that did not. He He.
Managed to grind most down, it is a pity I got punted, would have loved to have a go at Andreas with his knackered tyres, that would have been interesting, probably not realistic though.
Well done podiums, and a thankyou @640er for all his efforts, sorry for completely missing some corners too. :D :D

Last edited:
Not my finest 30 min, I knew I was really up against it, managed a 10.8 in practice for the race, but it takes so many laps to do it with softs, there was no reality in it at all. Especially as they only last 2 laps.
It has half the downforce of the ST, even the C9 has 10% more.
Must have had loads of off track limit calls, probably dozens of them . :roflmao: :roflmao:
it would spin the rears anywhere and in any gear, except in a straight line, even then it was only in 5th that did not. He He.
Managed to grind most down, it is a pity I got punted, would have loved to have a go at Andreas with his knackered tyres, that would have been interesting, probably not realistic though.
Well done podiums, and a thankyou @640er for all his efforts, sorry for completely missing some corners too. :D :D
It's always great to have you on the grid with the LT. During the race I didn't realize that you, at one point, were behind me. At this stage of the race my focus was 100% on keeping the car on track. It was not until I watched the replay that I saw how lucky I was avoiding you attacking me. Too bad that it was decided by a punt.

What program do you use to make videos? I tried several times but it always gets very choppy even though the game itself runs smooth while recording. Am I cranking up the settings to high you think?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 519 38.5%