AC Group C @ Spa Francorchamps - Tuesday 16th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Did a few laps today in my beloved C9 before switching to the ST out of curiosity. Oh oh that will be interesting. Not that I didn’t know it before but the difference in every aspect is immense.

You are not going to go all sensible on me Andreas.

3B4B6A45-801F-4E9F-AA3A-F490991E33F2.jpeg

And give up my silver beauty? Never :p

According to RSR, the world record for the C9 stands at ~2:09 und the ST 1:44. I do hope the ST time is not a legitimate one. Until today, I only saw @pattikins doing a few laps in the ST and if his time will be the reference, we'll have a good race.

And give up my silver beauty? Never :p

According to RSR, the world record for the C9 stands at ~2:09 und the ST 1:44. I do hope the ST time is not a legitimate one. Until today, I only saw @pattikins doing a few laps in the ST and if his time will be the reference, we'll have a good race.

I was way off my old pace (see my profile on simracing.gp - my first race) in the practice session, so I wouldn't set any store by my present lap times. Normally I can match my old lap times within a dozen laps. As I didn't particularly enjoy the combo the last time around, I don't have the desire to try & figure it out. Hence, I took myself off the list last night.

Sorry if the above sounds negative. I love Group C cars & Spa, but not together :(. It's the same with the SCG & Laguna Seca.

Have a good race & watch out for the penalties - I picked up 16 incident points last time around :confused: :cry::roflmao:.

Well, I certainly don’t see any more miracles Patrick, I just drive the LT for fun.

( if Andreas went for the LT I would go for the C9 )

It just makes a break from our normal grippy cars that we drive, we’re all the performance comes down to eking out that last 1.5% of almost invisible grip
for most of us.

The challenge becomes a personal battle between you and the car, whilst the rest of the field is involved in their own personal challenge.

The winner comes down to more that just that ability to churn out laps at +1%
It helps of course, and I am sure he will be the winner at the end of the event.

But ????

Last edited:
Well, I certainly don’t see any more miracles Patrick, I just drive the LT for fun.

( if Andreas went for the LT I would go for the C9 )

It just makes a break from our normal grippy cars that we drive, we’re all the performance comes down to eking out that last 1.5% of almost invisible grip
for most of us.

The challenge becomes a personal battle between you and the car, whilst the rest of the field involved in their own personal challenge.

The winner comes down to more that just that ability to churn out laps at +1%
It helps of course, and I am sure he will be the winner at the end of the event.

But ????

Skippy :p

I was way off my old pace (see my profile on simracing.gp - my first race) in the practice session, so I wouldn't set any store by my present lap times. Normally I can match my old lap times within a dozen laps. As I didn't particularly enjoy the combo the last time around, I don't have the desire to try & figure it out. Hence, I took myself off the list last night.

Sorry if the above sounds negative. I love Group C cars & Spa, but not together :(. It's the same with the SCG & Laguna Seca.

Have a good race & watch out for the penalties - I picked up 16 incident points last time around :confused: :cry::roflmao:.

Don't worry about the incidents, we are just in beta and the system looks flawed anyways. I picked up more than 30 incidents alone at the last GT3 race :cautious:

That's true and that's why I love the C9. It presents you a challenge which no other car can. Keeping it on track for 30+ mins while fighting for positions is incredible intense.

Last edited:
Anyone knows if SGP has support for multiple races in one event yet? In more challenging cars like these it's nice to get a second chance if everything goes to hell in the first. :laugh: Also, I kinda miss inverted top 5 grid for the second race. Makes it interesting and everyone could get a pole every now and then.
I don't know if it's the same but there an option for making a championship. I've participated in an other community for three 4-laps races with DTM cars on the Nordschleife on the same night. You get points for every race to add up for the championship score. No reverse grid option as far as I know.

I don't know if it's the same but there an option for making a championship. I've participated in an other community for three 4-laps races with DTM cars on the Nordschleife on the same night. You get points for every race to add up for the championship score. No reverse grid option as far as I know.

Is it possible to have a race scheduled for the end of the first race as invite only, with a gentleman's agreement for a reverse grid & rolling start?

Anyone knows if SGP has support for multiple races in one event yet? In more challenging cars like these it's nice to get a second chance if everything goes to hell in the first. :laugh: Also, I kinda miss inverted top 5 grid for the second race. Makes it interesting and everyone could get a pole every now and then.
As far as I know not yet. Hopefully to come, it's a cool format

Here's a setup for the wonderful 962 ST. Found out you can gain a lot of time by using the throttle to make the car rotate in corners.

Until you use the throttle to rotate it into a wall!

The balls of an eagle trophy could be your's by default ernie!
Is it possible to have a race scheduled for the end of the first race as invite only, with a gentleman's agreement for a reverse grid & rolling start?

Could be done maybe ye. I was thinking before you would need to fix the quali in the second event which would be messy to coordinate. Not sure which would be the least messy!

It's not facilitated. It's just a couple of standaard events with a championship scoring mechanism.
It looks like it's possible to configure the 2nd event in a chanmpionship with no practice and no qualify.
With a gentleman's agreement we should be able to use the first lap to form the right order for the rolling start. Do you want me to try to set up such an event as a test?

Guys,
I have configured a championship with two races to test the reverse grid/gentleman's agreement for coming Thursday. I've limited it to 10 participants. The total will take 1,5 hour. Please register if you are able to join.

EDIT: I suppose that after race 1, you have to wait in the online screen until the second events start and then join. I don't think that will go automatically. Be sure to refresh the page!

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem will be Eau Rouge, luckily when I last looked only Andreas and I are driving chicanes.
The Mazda and ST will be taking that virtually flat out, we have to shed a lot of speed to get these cars to turn in there,:( and everywhere else come to think of it.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I think the biggest problem will be Eau Rouge, luckily when I last looked only Andreas and I are driving chicanes.
The Mazda and ST will be taking that virtually flat out, we have to shed a lot of speed to get these cars to turn in there,:( and everywhere else come to think of it.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
HEhe and it doesn't end at Eau Rouge. Double Gauche, Blanchimont and maybe Stavelot are flat out for all the others, not fur us :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.1%