AC Group C @ Spa Francorchamps - Tuesday 16th March 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. @640er will be your host for this event.

-----

Grow yourself a beard and put on your racing gloves, Group C is back. No ABS, no TC, up to 700PS and only 900kg.

This week we're off to race the iconic Group C, at the all-time classic circuit Spa in Belgium! A challenging circuit, with a layout that rewards precision and bravery.

Come join us and make the event one to remember!

group-c-jpg.218958

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Porsche 962C long and short tail versions, Mazda 787b, Sauber-Mercedes C9
  • 19:00 UTC | Practice (80 minutes)
  • 20:20 UTC | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 20:40 UTC | Race (30 minutes)

Further Event details on Simracing.gp

Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.
Useful links
  1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)

Practice and race server password: click here

Click here for entry list

See you on track!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Y E S

A short reminder for all who are new to Group C racing. The 4 cars differ into two "sub-classes". You have the Mazda and Porsche ST (Short-Tail) representing the "downforce class" and the Porsche LT(Long-Tail) and Sauber C9 representing the "straight line speed" class. The differences in straight-line and cornering speed between those pairs are huge. Keep in mind, that those cars usually have different braking points and different racing lines.

Entry list so far:

entry.png

Last edited:
Yes should be no problem. After signing up it shows you a "change car" button. No need to sign-off/on again
Actually I think you do need to cancel the registration after you have chosen a car. And then register again with a new car. The Change car option is for selecting an other livery.
Anyway, that's the way I did it.

Last edited:
My favourite was the Ferrari and GT40, out classed at Le Mans ( no chicane)
The GT40 romped away on the long straight, managed to qualify behind the GT40’s
Made sure I had gearing left for the long straight, they then towed me up the long straight, I then overtook on the back straight and rest of the circuit,
I think also having the start / finish line there helped.
I even got Chris to throw the towel in. :roflmao:

Ahhh I will never have those funny moments again.:(

You Rotters have now got me covered now.

Actually I think you do need to cancel the registration after you have chosen a car. And then register again with a new car. The Change car option is for selecting an other livery.

Actually, I was about to say that in the Mini @rOAD Atlanta I did change, but indeed it was the livery (also because there was no other choice for the cars in that race :roflmao: )

Oh then the Button text is misleading and should be "Change livery"

Oh dear, what a great combo to race! I so much hope I can make it, so I signed up with the beloved 962 ST.

Unfortunately my wife has a pending appointment this Tuesday, so if it gets confirmed I'm unable to race and have to pull out. :cry::(

Little OT: I always get a sad feeling when it comes to Spa or the 962 having to think of Stefan Bellof. What a great loss. :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 440 39.5%