RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

SGP Group C @ Spa Francorchamps - Tuesday 16th March 2021

Reik Major

Premium
What program do you use to make videos? I tried several times but it always gets very choppy even though the game itself runs smooth while recording. Am I cranking up the settings to high you think?
To record from screen I bought "fraps" ages ago. It lets you decide at which resolution and fps you want to record. So my older pc lets me only record at half of my screen resolution.

The resulting very very large avi-file I edit with wondershare video converter. It's just to convert the avi straight forward into a common file like mp4 or so. Optional you can easily edit the recorded avi like cutting or merging a few pieces into one before converting into the final file.

Finally the converter does a good job when upscaling my recorded avi (960x540) into a mp4 (1280x720). That's why the final image isn't as sharp as my real view and might look a bit blurry but I'm fine with it and can't do it any better...

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
To all,

We're doing a test on Thursday for a solution for the 2x25min races with reverse grid (first 5) that we use to have but what's not facilitated (yet) in s.gp.
It's limited to 10 participants but only three have registered. I would like to have some more volunteers in the test where of course things can go wrong.

So if you have 1,5 hours to spare, please register on s.gp here: https://beta.simracing.gp/championships/Xry0GDrW8cpdLvqMuUlPt

It's an Audi TT event on Zandvoort so not too hard. If you do (great :thumbsup: !), please read the rules under the "Scoring" tab. And being on Discord is absolutely necessary for this.

Last edited:

beginer

Premium
Just curious what type of tires were yall using and why? I was on softs and they seemed to get pretty bad toward the end of the race. Thx

Kek700

Premium
Just curious what type of tires were yall using and why? I was on softs and they seemed to get pretty bad toward the end of the race. Thx

I use the Protyres app. it does what the tyre app does in AC, but also tells you the correct pressure and how far you are away from it, +/_
It also tells you how many laps you have in three stages of wear.
If I run Softs I have two full laps, then they go into the Yellow, that is my race shot.
The ST due to its higher DF gets more laps, how you managed 15 must go into the book of Simracing miracles.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

beginer

Premium
I use the Protyres app. it does what the tyre app does in AC, but also tells you the correct pressure and how far you are away from it, +/_
It also tells you how many laps you have in three stages of wear.
If I run Softs I have two full laps, then they go into the Yellow, that is my race shot.
The ST due to its higher DF gets more laps, how you managed 15 must go into the book of Simracing miracles.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
The secret is to spin the car until the tires are good and hot, then slam the brakes so they lock up and almost slide into the guy in front of you!
...Just a little tip from your old buddy chris

Reik Major

Premium
To all,

We're doing a test on Thursday for a solution for the 2x25min races with reverse grid (first 5) that we use to have but what's not facilitated (yet) in s.gp.
It's limited to 10 participants but only three have registered. I would like to have some more volunteers in the test where of course things can go wrong.

So if you have 1,5 hours to spare, please register on s.gp here: https://beta.simracing.gp/championships/Xry0GDrW8cpdLvqMuUlPt

It's an Audi TT event on Zandvoort so not too hard. If you do (great :thumbsup: !), please read the rules under the "Scoring" tab. And being on Discord is absolutely necessary for this.

Just registered. :thumbsup:

May I recommend you to open an own thread for this test event? I'm sure there'll be something to discuss after the race, experiences, conclusions, etc... (so it wouldn't spoil this thread)

640er

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
Premium
Mediums which was a mistake. They were only good for 20 mins. Next time back to hard ones

Reik Major

Premium
To all,

Here's my setup from this test. I built it from scratch within 20 minutes. My first ever laps with this car at this track. Else I only drove it one time at the nordschleife, so there may be room for improvement.

I stayed on softs for the 25 minutes race and ignored the cooking left front tyre.

Attachments

• R-V1.16.4-a-r.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 9

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Here's my setup from this test. I built it from scratch within 20 minutes. My first ever laps with this car at this track. Else I only drove it one time at the nordschleife, so there may be room for improvement.

I stayed on softs for the 25 minutes race and ignored the cooking left front tyre.
Thanks,Reik. I really need this to understand why I was 3s slower on such a short track. 1 second is normal but 3 isn't.

EDIT: Did a few laps: 1s faster, my first 1.43 :thumbsup:

Last edited: