AC Group C @ Silverstone GP - Sat 24Mar18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Okay, so quick update on my internet situation: It was looking better for a while about 15 minutes ago, but it just cut out entirely. Since it's so volatile, I can't do the race, so I'm officially signing out. Sorry for the delayed update.

SERVER UPDATE:
Race server is up! Apologies for the delay.

@Joseph Wright this will be your commentary booth for this evening :)
4bwYDi0.jpg

SERVER UPDATE:
Race server is up! Apologies for the delay.

@Joseph Wright this will be your commentary booth for this evening :)
4bwYDi0.jpg
Sorry, but I can not find the server. Only BlaBlaBla #38 is displayed - and I am not going to install the content manager only to join the race. I am off.

Cheers

too fast @Geof ! May I ask your tire strategy?

Thx! :)
My first intention was to go for a 3 stints in medium, but after 10 laps my medium tires were already screaming. So i did go for hard until the end. But, still, the medium were helpfull at the beginning to get out of the pack and create some gap.

Awesome pace @Glaurung!
Well done all.

Last edited:
Well, I did not practice at all before the event. Was able to develop proper setup until the middle part of qualifying. While fine tunning it, I was able to improve cornering at high speed but I was having hard time to settle the gas down on slow 2nd gear corners for some reason. This was something I had to deal for the whole race.

I planned to start with hard compound and decide later if I keep them or switch to medium. Unfortuntelly I forgot fuel reload and tyre changing happen at the same time with these cars (compared to the GT3 were those actions are perform sequentially) so in order to "save time" I kept the hards for the rest of the race. My start was pretty good, being able to gain some places and keep a very good pace for most of the race, while running on place 6 most of the race. After all pitstops I was in 7 behind Tariq and not able to fight for the position at all. Once again, I could not perform very fast laptimes but was very consistent through all the race with no mistakes. Was able also to keep the tyres on good shape till the end of the race. Still, a switch to mediums should have provided a better overall improvement on laptimes, but still not sure to fight for position 6.

Thanks for the good racing again.

Next Saturday's event post is up :) Sorry for the delay

vAdL7l2.png

Welcome US and EU Drivers to a Multi Class endurance event with LMP's and GT2/Es. This week we're going to the amazing Watkins Glen, one of the greatest circuits in North America and in the world, thanks to @LilSki for his incredible work.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back