AC Group C @ Salzburgring - Tuesday 1st June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Reik Major, would you mind explaining how you set up the ST? It's SO much better on corner exit.
And the C9 :)

Our setups were very different. I would love to know why you did what you did to gain some understanding of setting up a car. I adopted your diff and gearing settings and it feels better. Yours eliminated understeer pretty good but it’s a bit tricky on exit.

@G-Slev , @ltnordb ,

A friendly reminder to all of you that we would love to have you racing with us again.

@Reik Major was so nice and did already some research on the cars and posted his setups. You just have to put in some extra fuel and there you go -> instant Group C pleasures

Thanks for the reminder! I'm working right up until race start so had kinda figured I wouldn't make it, but seeing this put me down for a c9. I'll grab Reik's setup and start from the back :)

Voice chat is on discord now right?

can I ask what sort of lap times are we looking at on this track please.
Wide range as we have drivers of different levels participating. If you re looking for competition we have one Alien. If you are looking for fair racing I’ll bet you find someone within your range here. Don’t worry about lap times .

1.11 to 1.18 is my guess

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder! I'm working right up until race start so had kinda figured I wouldn't make it, but seeing this put me down for a c9. I'll grab Reik's setup and start from the back :)

Voice chat is on discord now right
Be aware that I made the setup for qualifying in softs. You need to find out about fuel amount and which tyre to use for the races. Could be mediums but maybe even hards.

My take on C9 setup,
trying to improve things, first of all, pretty impossible.
Getting gearing, tyre temps right is obviously important, trying not to get power oversteer, or the nose of the car to respond is another matter entirely.
Tried Riek setup, got the same time as my set-up, the only differences were some of my corner entry and exits had to be readjusted.
Reik seems to like it more pointy and more tail-happy car setup, but as the car is tail happy by its nature that did not affect my driving much at all.
My set-up for the LMPC car and most cars I drive will be completely different to Andreas, which implies I need a far more stable car, that implies that generally speaking, I will be slower.
That I accept, so my setup for the C9 is really only about one thing, trying to make it 100% stable.
Unfortunately, that is not going to happen, so I try for as stable as I can get, and just have to deal with its wayward nature on the circuit.
Hoping I can keep my concentration going 100% for 100% of the race, difficult.
So a long-winded way of saying you can make it slightly more pointy, you can aid that with rear roll bar stiffness, then deal with the performance-enhancing rear instability for increased cornering speed, both of which I am trying to get rid of; mostly unsuccessfully. :)

Look forward to reading Reik response.

PS
That is taken for all Group C cars here on AC, easiest is the Porsche ST, almost a very fast GT3 car, but without TC, will sometimes bite you.
Then the Mazda, but needs a lot of rear wing, which seems to negate all of its advantages, then the Porsche LT.
Hardest by far is the C9

Last edited:
My take on C9 setup,
trying to improve things, first of all, pretty impossible.
Getting gearing, tyre temps right is obviously important, trying not to get power oversteer, or the nose of the car to respond is another matter entirely.
Tried Riek setup, got the same time as my set-up, the only differences were some of my corner entry and exits had to be readjusted.
Reik seems to like it more pointy and more tail-happy car setup, but as the car is tail happy by its nature that did not affect my driving much at all.
My set-up for the LMPC car and most cars I drive will be completely different to Andreas, which implies I need a far more stable car, that implies that generally speaking, I will be slower.
That I accept, so my setup for the C9 is really only about one thing, trying to make it 100% stable.
Unfortunately, that is not going to happen, so I try for as stable as I can get, and just have to deal with its wayward nature on the circuit.
Hoping I can keep my concentration going 100% for 100% of the race, difficult.
So a long-winded way of saying you can make it slightly more pointy, you can aid that with rear roll bar stiffness, then deal with the performance-enhancing rear instability for increased cornering speed, both of which I am trying to get rid of; mostly unsuccessfully. :)

Look forward to reading Reik response.

PS
That is taken for all Group C cars here on AC, easiest is the Porsche ST, almost a very fast GT3 car, but without TC, will sometimes bite you.
Then the Mazda, but needs a lot of rear wing, which seems to negate all of its advantages, then the Porsche LT.
Hardest by far is the C9

I started with setting everything possible to the value AC tells me it makes the rear more stable on exits. (Back then when we raced at Bridgehampton.) Seeing Reiks Setup and how it felt made me start to at least set the diff more aggressive. Next step will be ARB as I’m currently running zero at the back :) After that I’ll have a look at ride height. Reik’s is considerably lower. Suspendion I have no idea… too many different variables to play around. But again very different from Reiks.

Last edited:
looks like in this car we are both looking at it in the same way, I run no rear ARB, more ARB make it more likely to do a 180, but it is not a night and day transformation as with diff power setting, that I have at 15%, I am sure there is time there, but the car just does not want to turn with high settings plus as much as you get acceleration advantages that also includes 180-degree improvements. for me 15%.
In theory the lower the car the less bleed from the tunnels, not sure that this is programmed into AC calculations, but I am sure it gives better mechanical grip, but who knows, not me that is for sure. :roflmao: :roflmao:

Abandoned after a couple of laps, my corner speed is so slow that I got flat run over from behind on consecutive laps by early spinners just by taking my normal -- read slow-- line through the turns, and those behind underestimating just how slow I am through a turn. I wasn't about to do that to one of the leaders, so I abandoned. Thanks to everyone involved, great fun anyway, interesting experience. Congratulations to the survivors!

great event guys, it's always a pleasure here! I had a good 1st race, considering the mazda, couldn't keep up with @Interslice but still managed to catch up to the guys on worn tires at the end. In the second sprint, had an incident with a porsche (@Reik Major ?) down the straight into turn 1, i probably turned in too much and the contact spun me out. After that it was recpvery but had a couple more mistakes meant i lost a place in the end. Thanks for the experience, looking forward to the next one!

Cheers

great event guys, it's always a pleasure here! I had a good 1st race, considering the mazda, couldn't keep up with @Interslice but still managed to catch up to the guys on worn tires at the end. In the second sprint, had an incident with a porsche (@Reik Major ?) down the straight into turn 1, i probably turned in too much and the contact spun me out. After that it was recpvery but had a couple more mistakes meant i lost a place in the end. Thanks for the experience, looking forward to the next one!

Cheers
I'm not sure if it was me. Can't really remember. Anyways... :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%