AC Group C @ Salzburgring - Tuesday 1st June 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You're in with the merc Paul! Straight in a the deep end! One bit of advice from @640er with this was to steer it in through the corner with the brake pedal. It has a very tight diff!!
Thanks for the advice @640er and Brian. I did a few laps in all the available cars and the Merc just felt right for me from the start. Hopefully with a bit of tweaking I can get the hang of it enough to keep up with you guys. I did the race at Spa a few weeks ago in the Mazda and while I could keep it on the track the lap times were not there. I’ll be at the back anyway but happy to make up the numbers.

Ok, I squeezed the three cars out with the same intensity now, so here's my outcome:

Sauber C9 - fastest
Porsche LT - 1,1 seconds slower than the C9
Porsche ST - 1,3 seconds slower than the C9

All laps driven on the server with a qualy setup (see attached files) and full turbo all the time. They are all huge fun to drive. :thumbsup:

I also included the replay files of all three best laps in a 7zip-file you can download here, if you want to have a look at. Just drop the 3 files into ...mydocuments\Assetto Corsa\replay

Attachments

• R-V1.16.4-C9-qualy.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 41
  • R-V1.16.4-962LT-qualy.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 46
  • R-V1.16.4-962ST-qualy.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 46
I'd like to sign up please with the Porsche Short Tail. @Reik Major I took another second off my lap time with that set up and I think there's still more. If I change the softs for Mediums for the race will I need to change anything else from qualy? Fuel obviously.
Great to have you with the ST.
I don’t think there’s anything to change

I'll go for the C9 Andrea's, getting fed up with you disappearing on the long straights :roflmao::roflmao::cry:
I'd like to sign up please with the Porsche Short Tail. @Reik Major I took another second off my lap time with that set up and I think there's still more. If I change the softs for Mediums for the race will I need to change anything else from qualy? Fuel obviously.

You're in gentlemen!

These look Interesting. Big job to get them to the sam quality of these kunos cars!

@GEO147, @Chris Down, @Aksu , @RasmusP , @HF2000 , @Redvaliant , @EZWriter , @SwannyUK , @edo22 , @Stefano La Commare , @G-Slev , @ltnordb , @thom462 , @Noctam , @pattikins , @Daniel R.

A friendly reminder to all of you that we would love to have you racing with us again. Most of you already did some laps in one of the amazing Group C cars and this time, we are off to the Salzburgring. It's a very relaxing and easy to learn track so if you were waiting for some track to get into Group C, this is it. :thumbsup:

@Reik Major was so nice and did already some research on the cars and posted his setups. You just have to put in some extra fuel and there you go -> instant Group C pleasures

Last edited:
Maybe the tyres need one click up on pressure, because of the harder compound. But you should test it and watch the numbers. Usually I don't change anything else from qualy to race. Only sometimes, when the qualy setup is very twitchy and to risky for the race. But this setup shouldn't be that tricky.

Please hand me the Porsche ST, mate.

I love to throw it around instead of balancing the C9 all time. So it might become a cool battle with the C9...
If it's only a second per lap you are slower than in the C9, it might even be the better car for the race. I'll have to give it 110% all the time to keep up with you and I already know how that will most likely end :D

Looks very interesting, cannot wait for these to become available.
But I have one question too, if I try and use my clutch, I can only select first when all the red lights have gone out.
Is this normal. I am sure I have seen people creeping forward on the start line. :)

@GEO147, @Chris Down, @Aksu , @RasmusP , @HF2000 , @Redvaliant , @EZWriter , @SwannyUK , @edo22 , @Stefano La Commare , @G-Slev , @ltnordb , @thom462 , @Noctam , @pattikins , @Daniel R.

A friendly reminder to all of you that we would love to have you racing with us again. Most of you already did some laps in one of the amazing Group C cars and this time, we are off to the Salzburgring. It's a very relaxing and easy to learn track so if you were waiting for some track to get into Group C, this is it. :thumbsup:

@Reik Major was so nice and did already some research on the cars and posted his setups. You just have to put in some extra fuel and there you go -> instant Group C pleasures
Afraid I'm giving a talk (https://www.usenix.org/conference/lisa21/presentation/down) at that time, so I can't be there. Thanks for thinking of me though :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 415 39.8%