AC Group C @ Road America - Tuesday 13th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@640er sorry for the bump on first lap, it wasn't a smart move to go on the inside in that turn but i didn't manage to slow the car enough to avoid the contact, i hope that it didn't cost you too much time.

Thank you all, as usual a good race :)

Andreas, was this your plan all from the beginning? ;)

Ok, I admit I was "a little" abusive with the transmission :whistling: I think I got what I deserved :D

A lack of mechanical sympathy! :roflmao:

That was a fun race. I had a good first fifteen minutes until reik caught back up and sort of broke my concenration for a lap or so... I hadn't blinked until then :p Made a few more mistakes... A funny moment when taj past me after a spin in the last corner. From a standing start I got past him again before the first! Cheater turbo :D

Thanks for organising andreas. I'm sure you will have both converted and lost a few to the Le mans spec world!

Really felt for Thomas, he had the race sewn up, then I spotted he was on mediums, so as bad as I felt about it, all I had to do was knock out the laps and wait for the mediums to fall off the cliffs edge.
Why these events are not full confuses me. :)
I really did not think the LT was going to be in any way competitive, but the C9 is a real handful for 30minuits.
Thankyou @Interslice for all your efforts.

Congrats @Kek700 well deserved :thumbsup: (and btw. at least I can barely hear you on discord. Maybe you could put your input volume a little bit up? It's a shame I didn't hear your celebrations after the race ;) )

After a decent qualy, I couldn't take my pace over to the race :( . Punted @Reik Major at T1 like a complete noob... didn't even try to overtake him, just misjudged the breaking point, my apologies again. After watching the replay I realised, that those beasts are already around 270km/h when braking for T1 after the start. :confused: After that I couldn't find any rythm and had to fight a lot with the hard compound tyres. Switched to softs at the end of the race to get the fastes lap but even failed there :D

@Erik Axelsson when you said you engine went, I already feared that it was because of the turbo settings as I was running it at 100% for the whole time. I was reliefed to hear it was because of your gear shifts :D

@edo22 no problem at all :thumbsup:

@all
What do you think of giving a rolling start a try next time? Gentlemans agreement style

Congrats @Kek700 well deserved :thumbsup: (and btw. at least I can barely hear you on discord. Maybe you could put your input volume a little bit up? It's a shame I didn't hear your celebrations after the race ;) )

After a decent qualy, I couldn't take my pace over to the race :( . Punted @Reik Major at T1 like a complete noob... didn't even try to overtake him, just misjudged the breaking point, my apologies again. After watching the replay I realised, that those beasts are already around 270km/h when braking for T1 after the start. :confused: After that I couldn't find any rythm and had to fight a lot with the hard compound tyres. Switched to softs at the end of the race to get the fastes lap but even failed there :D

@Erik Axelsson when you said you engine went, I already feared that it was because of the turbo settings as I was running it at 100% for the whole time. I was reliefed to hear it was because of your gear shifts :D

@edo22 no problem at all :thumbsup:

@all
What do you think of giving a rolling start a try next time? Gentlemans agreement style
The punt into T1 wasn't a problem to me at all, mate. ;) If you hadn't done it there, I had done it myself somewhere else sooner or later. :whistling:

I was much more angry with myself when I touched the grass at the outside of the long right hander and spun into the gravel in lap 2, when trying to put a Porsche under pressure :poop:. That could have been a nice fight up to @Kek700 in the end but now I had to start from the back again.

However it was nice to climb up the field again. Unfortunately @Erik Axelsson suffered from technical issues. Also my gap to Ernie in P1 was to big and he drove it home very consistently. :thumbsup: My hard tyres where still in green mode, so with a few laps more to go, we could've had another nice battle...

Anyways, an eventfull event I'd say, so thanks for hosting it @640er :thumbsup:

Last edited:
what a great track and car combo, loved every minute :thumbsup:

had a slight problem logging on due to the track being missing, meant I'd been practicing on a different RA :D
qualied well off the pace like usual, but little did I know about the Merc's secret weapon......

no rolling starts please, nothing due to the fact I went from 7th to 3rd by T1 :whistling:

hang on in 3rd for three laps until heel and toeing from 5th to 3rd I found 1st instead, managed to hold it, not hit Ernie and make it around the corner , but then decided to light up the rears on the exit and put it in the wall.
caught up with Brian wagging his arse on the back straight, tucked in behind ;)
was on his tail exiting the last corner and............................................. he zooomed off into the distance, not a chance of keeping up. next time he did it from almost a standing start :roflmao:

so much fun, can't wait for the next Group C Race!!

Thanks to all for the race and congrats to Ernie!!

Untitled-2.jpg

"A lack of mechanical sympathy" ;)

Guys I'm honest and don't fear a nice laugh about me, so I have to give in I still don't get, if you had a technical at home or really in game. Did you?

BTW nice picture though...
It was in game. It's like second time ever for me. If you watch the replay you can see me going down through the gears way too fast to help me slow down. I thought it was going to be okay for the whole race but I had to pay the price ;)

It was in game. It's like second time ever for me. If you watch the replay you can see me going down through the gears way too fast to help me slow down. I thought it was going to be okay for the whole race but I had to pay the price ;)
Wow how cool's that. Never knew that is even possible. The smoke animation is "real"?

It was in game. It's like second time ever for me. If you watch the replay you can see me going down through the gears way too fast to help me slow down. I thought it was going to be okay for the whole race but I had to pay the price;)
Ouch! I think we had damage at 10 %, right? So it looks like you overdid it that tiny little bit.

I used turbo 100 % from the exit of the last corner until the sharp left hander and at the back straight. The other parts I used 70 %.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing