AC Group C @ Road America - Tuesday 13th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. @640er will be your host for this event.

-----

Grow yourself a beard and put on your racing gloves, Group C is back. No ABS, no TC, up to 700PS and only 900kg.

This week we're off to race the iconic Group C, at the all-time classic circuit Road America!

tra-png.460021

Come join us and make the event one to remember!

group-c-jpg.218958

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Event Details
  • Cars: Porsche 962C long and short tail versions, Mazda 787b, Sauber-Mercedes C9
  • 18:00 UTC (19:00 DST) | Practice (80 minutes)
  • 19:20 UTC (20:20 DST) | Qualification (20 minutes)
  • 19:40 UTC (20:40 DST) | Race (30 minutes)
  • Further Event details on Simracing.gp

Register your car for this event
  1. If you do not have access to the RD community on Simracing.GP yet please send Bram Hengeveld a private message including your email address so he can send you a direct invite.
  2. Got access? Click here and register your car for this and other racing club events
  3. Please leave a post below when you are joining the race and it's always great to tag a friend so they are aware you are racing.

Useful links
  1. RaceDepartment on Simracing.GP
  2. RaceDepartment Club Regulations
  3. RaceDepartment Discord
  4. Recommended App: Helicorsa (download here)
  5. Practice and race server password: click here

Click here for entry list

Feel free to buy AC community modders like @LilSki a coffee or beer.

See you on track!

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.

When entering the track from the pits, stay off the racing line until you are up to speed. Do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium

Oh ****, I think I have to sign up with the C9 this time!:confused::O_o::whistling:

I'll clarify this one with my government asap and then head to SGP to sign the contract with the devil. :devilish:

Guys wish me luck for both, the negotiations and then getting used to the beast (speaking about the car of course). I never really drove it so far...

Last edited:
Are there a few very basic hints, when I start a setup for the C9 from zero?

I'm not asking for personal secrets to gain the last tenths. Just hoping to save a few minutes by shortening the trial and error process (if possible).

Yippi! Permission given, so I just signed up at SGP.

Thanks for the link Patrick. Just started building an own setup from scratch and it doesn't feel bad so far. But will give your link a try for sure.

Getting one lap together is still a task! No idea how it can work for a whole race... :confused:

5 C9's and 4 ST's so far on the grid (and of course our man for the Porsche LT factory team Ernie) Intersting development of car choices.

Last edited:
Ernie regulary drives for the LT team though. :whistling: ;)

In the meantime I tested the setup suggested by @pattikins. It feels ok and I could make it fit me better after a few clicks. However still a long learning process with this car... :sick:

Are there a few very basic hints, when I start a setup for the C9 from zero?

I'm not asking for personal secrets to gain the last tenths. Just hoping to save a few minutes by shortening the trial and error process (if possible).

Yes, my old favourite, make sure the circuit has long straights, try and "con" everyone into how much faster the Porsche ST and Mazda is.
Job done, spent the race getting in everyone's way. :D :D :D

Hey Guys,
Not very experienced in AC, a question:
Do I have to own all necessary DLC to be able to participate?

Cheers Dan
To be honest I don't know but you can jump into the practice server and see what happens.

Interesting mix of cars! ...

@Daniel R.

It's all basic kunos dlc from back in the day apart from the track! There is a mods tap on s.gp when you sign up to cover any third party stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, won't make it tonight, plus, I own nearly no DLC.

But definetely wanna give the old lady AC a try in the future.

Have a good evening!

You can usually get the kunos DLC for a tenner by buying the ultimate pack on sale. Any third party stuff we use is freely available on here.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%