AC Group C @ Road America - Sat 10 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

JoelK

Premium
Group C.jpg
We're bringing back the beloved Group C beasts.

Welcome to the Assetto Corsa racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• Practice Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU Group C Practice #10
  • Race Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU Group C Race #11
Cars: DLC is required for this event.

Track:
Road America 3.6 (download)
Pitstop: Pit Window 10 - 50 minutes
Driving Assists: Factory ABS, Factory TC, Tire blankets
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7b (download)
Track Temps: 23c
Track Condition: Clear

Free practice:
Server will be available throughout the week.
Official practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 GMT (30 minutes)
Race: 20:00 GMT (60 Minutes) with mandatory pitstop.

Entry List
  1. [COLOR=#b30000]JoelK[/COLOR] - Porsche LT
  2. Craig Dunkley - Porsche ST
  3. Medilloni - Porsche ST
  4. Bobby Pennington - Porsche ST
  5. GEO147 - Porsche ST #17
  6. Ronnie Böhme - Porsche ST
  7. dhmotor - 787B
  8. SideEffectMKD - Porsche ST
  9. ChikiWaki - 787B
  10. Raresch - 787B
  11. durielk - 787B
  12. Pjj - C9
  13. Enoneado - 787B
  14. pattikins - Porsche ST
  15. hoody - 787B
  16. Celtic Pharaoh - 787B #18
  17. JeroenH - 787B
  18. BP - Porsche LT
  19. Enzo Fazzi - 787B
  20. dynz - 787B
  21. Birche - Porsche LT
  22. cagivariver - 787B
  23. IlPaoletto - Porsche ST
  24. Geof - C9
  25. Chark - C9
  26. Knut Mattheisen - Porsche ST
  27. mates89 - C9
  28. Free Slot 787B
  29. Free Slot Porsche ST
  30. Free Slot Porsche LT

UTP#93 JK

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you have to check to see that its clear before you re enter the track, Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits Stay off the racing line until you are up to speed, do not race on your out lap. let other drivers by.
on re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed
and do not block any fast approaching car, you have made the mistake by going off remember, so let them by cleanly

Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not his fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

in for sure ST please :thumbsup:
Road America, I love this place!:inlove: In please Joel, never driven these before so car TBA for now... and thanks for organising:thumbsup:

Any suggestions for car choice/setups welcome, be gentle:laugh:
Umm, yeah, ditto for me on this one please sir:inlove: How much did I say I would bribe you again?:D
@Medilloni I take it you can read between the lines.

Having said that the C9 is
tenor.gif

quick down the straights and with 3 of them you may want to consider it, but you spend half of the straight trying to slow the dang thing down. 100% boost baby, drive it like you stole it:cool:

Great combo Joel ..in for sure ST please :thumbsup:

Road America, I love this place!:inlove: In please Joel, never driven these before so car TBA for now... and thanks for organising:thumbsup:

Any suggestions for car choice/setups welcome, be gentle:laugh:

@Medilloni I take it you can read between the lines.

Having said that the C9 is
tenor.gif

quick down the straights and with 3 of them you may want to consider it, but you spend half of the straight trying to slow the dang thing down. 100% boost baby, drive it like you stole it:cool:

Yes please Joel. Not sure which car yet.

All in! all in! :thumbsup:
I'll have to do some laps to decide which car, though.:unsure:
You guys are in :thumbsup:

Please add me to the line up. Short Tail. Are we limited to Kunos skins or can we post the link to RD mod skins to make sure everyone has the selected version?
Has to be a stock skin. I ran races for a little over a year and a half here at RD and it's just way to much work for a race organizer to try and get everyone the skin they want. I wish there were a different way. I know you can do this on another popular site, but that is their technology and we can't step on toes. I hope you understand. Glad you'll be racing with us.

Car choice is 962 Short Tail please @JoelK , tried them tonight and this is the only one I hope to last an hour with:whistling:

Tried the C9, **** me, I thought it was quick, then found I was on 50% boost ffs:roflmao::O_o:

I know we can't mention 'the lap time' thing but being totally new to these beasts, if someone could point me to a url, a source, anything, to aim for I'd really appreciate it - have found a couple of Youtube vid's but they don't look representative:O_o: Damn this 'hurty people' rule:p

Last edited:
Sounds like it could be a lot of work and require a fair bit of practice.

Sounds great actually :thumbsup:

It was a great race last time, must be 12 months now, I believe Jeremy (left long ago) won the battle ...sorry John I can not remember the lap times ..maybe Joel will be able to help you :thumbsup:

Maybe I will get my knuckles wrapped? but I see nothing wrong with a time from/to example ..1.45.xxx - 1.56.xxx ...as long as the last figures are high enough to account for new drivers

Car choice is 962 Short Tail please @JoelK , tried them tonight and this is the only one I hope to last an hour with:whistling:

**** me, I thought it was quick, then found I was on 50% boost ffs:roflmao::O_o:

I know we can't mention 'the lap time' thing but being totally new to these beasts, if someone could point me to a url, a source, anything, to aim for I'd really appreciate it - have found a couple of Youtube vid's but they don't look representative:O_o: Damn this 'hurty people' rule:p
It was a great race last time, must be 12 months now, I believe Jeremy (left long ago) won the battle ...sorry John I can not remember the lap times ..maybe Joel will be able to help you :thumbsup:

Maybe I will get my knuckles wrapped? but I see nothing wrong with a time from/to example ..1.45.xxx - 1.56.xxx ...as long as the last figures are high enough to account for new drivers
I just sent you a PM John and it's a link to the race @Craig Dunkley is talking about.

Has to be a stock skin. I ran races for a little over a year and a half here at RD and it's just way to much work for a race organizer to try and get everyone the skin they want. I wish there were a different way. I know you can do this on another popular site, but that is their technology and we can't step on toes. I hope you understand. Glad you'll be racing with us.
Well in light of that, put me down for a 787B. It's the only car where I still have a Kunos skin - I think :whistling: "Racing 55"? I have never done much in this car, so a new experience will be good. Also a nice LCD display....

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 339 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 38.9%