• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Group C @ Road America - Sat 10 Aug 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by JoelK, Jul 15, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 10-08-19
  1. ChikiWaki

ChikiWaki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +128
    Um, no. And WeTransfer? https://we.tl/t-otrl5r0OeJ
    Here is the link to download the replay of this evening's race. Sorry, the start is missing.
    Hopefully, it'll work.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +163
    Ill take it John for sure!

3. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +513
    Likewise buddy, good race :thumbsup:. My first stint on the mediums I wore them out faster than anticipated, feels like skating on ice when those tyres go, in these cars especially. Good fun though, with such low damage you could run 100% turbo for most of the race so yea, it was a good battle of different strengths...felt like another Lambo vs. McLaren all over again :roflmao:

Had a great fight with @dynz for the last 10 mins as well, but that long sweeping right wasn't my favorite corner and lost precious time there every lap, combined with missing a braking point or two and that's all she wrote. After that, came my long standing mission in all these weekend races: don't get lapped! I barely made it before P1 caught me, but afterwards I was like "Damn, this car is such a handful...should've slowed down, my race could've ended 2 minutes ago!" :sneaky::roflmao:

The long tail is quite the animal, but I'll gladly give it another go...til next time guys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  4. JoelK

JoelK
    AC Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +505
    Do guys wanna do these more ? Agree or disagree on this post to let me know if we have interest in these for a event @ 24th of Aug :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Raresch

Raresch
    Premium

Ratings:
    +124
    You were behind me at the start. So I wanted to keep it that way :)) I think you got caught in the first turn incident? ... Anyway, at the end of the race,I saw you've pitted and then I saw how much you were gaining on softs and I was trying my best to stay ahead because I knew your softs will not last in the last final laps. I made some mistakes also. my hards were yellow. I messed the last corner and the run on the straight had some real adrenaline rush :))

• Love Love x 1
  6. Birche

Birche
    Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    I got the start guys, here is the link https://we.tl/t-errzPWnkCC

• Love Love x 1
  7. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +358
    Here you go George, attached.
    It's a base setup - for Road America I lowered it a touch and set front toe at -1.8, wing at 2. Play with tyre pressures 'n gears to suit:)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Birche

Birche
    Premium

Ratings:
    +16
    do anyone got a replay of the qualifying? if so could you upload it for me

• Like Like x 1
  9. dhmotor

dhmotor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +55
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me. Joel, if by "these" you mean group C, then for my part, a shaky "maybe". Adapting to no ABS or TC and having to manage the third pedal made for extra long braking zones and slow lap times. I literally had to dust off my H-shifter, so I am a lot of practice away from having a competent race in this genre. I would love to help fill the grid in a future race though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ChikiWaki

ChikiWaki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +128
    Here it is :) https://we.tl/t-8r01prgAxu

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +513
    Question to @JoelK : are the servers setup to help those using sequential/paddle shifters in manual cars?

Reason I asked is that my H-shifter was giving me issues (still is actually), so I decided on race day to try shifting with the paddles. I started out by shifting with the clutch but then I realised during qualifying that I didn't need it...upshifts were fine and downshifts only needed a blip on the throttle; no transmission damage. Had me both confused and relieved, because I figured it wouldn't let me upshift with my foot down and no clutch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JoelK

JoelK
    AC Events Host Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +505
    I guess it just comes with AC that it automatically cuts out the throttle when up-shifting. Using Auto-clutch enables Auto-blip aswell, which I use since I don't have a H-shifter, so it just feels wrong to use the clutch and heel n' toeing when using paddles.

But the server only allows usage of Auto-clutch, nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ChikiWaki

ChikiWaki
    Premium

Ratings:
    +128
    Now I know why some drivers were able to change two gears at once ... :rolleyes:

14. BP

BP
    Premium

Ratings:
    +513
    Ahh do THAT’S why you’re so fast :roflmao: jk

15. IlPaoletto

IlPaoletto
    Paolo Sassaroli Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks guys .. if you don't mind and if you can send it with wetrasfert to the email address spider.man@inwind.it
    THANK YOU

16. pattikins

pattikins
    Premium

Ratings:
    +203

I didn't realise that TS wasn't working until after the qualifying, and I didn't want to risk (Oculus can be very temperamental) or spend the time investigating the cause (...windows update!), so to all those who might have been shouting profanities @ me after turn one on the first lap, please accept my apologies.

@Bobby Pennington, I went off @ T2 & T3 on the last lap (trying to catch John) and when I realised that I'd damaged the tires I started to panic. In the corner where we collided I was preoccupied with my erratic gear changes and I didn't see you until it was too late. Unfortunately, I couldn't ask you to carry on. In the end it was a right carry on (you go, no you go...) and we both lost two places :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    • Beer Beer x 2
  17. Bobby Pennington

Bobby Pennington
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,804
    Thanks for saying that Patrick. We'll call it 50/50 then and a racing incident:) I'm with you.............the travesty was those positions it cost us:D Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  18. dynz

dynz
    Jerre van den Berg Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Late reply but I thoroughly enjoyed racing you my man!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.