AC Group C @ Road America - Sat 10 Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hey George, no complaints about a mistake mate, we all do it, sh1t happens;)

If you want a set up for this I've got a simple one that's driveable, just shout if you want it - though must admit for these cars I'm going to mod my pedals to make the throttle pedal harder, I struggled with feeling any small power application, which seems crucial for these beasts:ninja:
Ill take it John for sure!

Nice race @BP :thumbsup:, your Porsche was so fast on the straights, so I had to do my try elsewhere, your tyres were out, run wide and headed for the interior, thanks for leaving room, :) A pleasure racing with you.

Likewise buddy, good race :thumbsup:. My first stint on the mediums I wore them out faster than anticipated, feels like skating on ice when those tyres go, in these cars especially. Good fun though, with such low damage you could run 100% turbo for most of the race so yea, it was a good battle of different strengths...felt like another Lambo vs. McLaren all over again :roflmao:

Had a great fight with @dynz for the last 10 mins as well, but that long sweeping right wasn't my favorite corner and lost precious time there every lap, combined with missing a braking point or two and that's all she wrote. After that, came my long standing mission in all these weekend races: don't get lapped! I barely made it before P1 caught me, but afterwards I was like "Damn, this car is such a handful...should've slowed down, my race could've ended 2 minutes ago!" :sneaky::roflmao:

The long tail is quite the animal, but I'll gladly give it another go...til next time guys.

@Raresch , superb race! :thumbsup: If I were no so clumsy, I would have tried to catch you :laugh:
You were behind me at the start. So I wanted to keep it that way :)) I think you got caught in the first turn incident? ... Anyway, at the end of the race,I saw you've pitted and then I saw how much you were gaining on softs and I was trying my best to stay ahead because I knew your softs will not last in the last final laps. I made some mistakes also. my hards were yellow. I messed the last corner and the run on the straight had some real adrenaline rush :))

Do guys wanna do these more ? Agree or disagree on this post to let me know if we have interest in these for a event @ 24th of Aug :thumbsup:
Thanks everyone for welcoming me. Joel, if by "these" you mean group C, then for my part, a shaky "maybe". Adapting to no ABS or TC and having to manage the third pedal made for extra long braking zones and slow lap times. I literally had to dust off my H-shifter, so I am a lot of practice away from having a competent race in this genre. I would love to help fill the grid in a future race though.

Question to @JoelK : are the servers setup to help those using sequential/paddle shifters in manual cars?

Reason I asked is that my H-shifter was giving me issues (still is actually), so I decided on race day to try shifting with the paddles. I started out by shifting with the clutch but then I realised during qualifying that I didn't need it...upshifts were fine and downshifts only needed a blip on the throttle; no transmission damage. Had me both confused and relieved, because I figured it wouldn't let me upshift with my foot down and no clutch.

Question to @JoelK : are the servers setup to help those using sequential/paddle shifters in manual cars?

Reason I asked is that my H-shifter was giving me issues (still is actually), so I decided on race day to try shifting with the paddles. I started out by shifting with the clutch but then I realised during qualifying that I didn't need it...upshifts were fine and downshifts only needed a blip on the throttle; no transmission damage. Had me both confused and relieved, because I figured it wouldn't let me upshift with my foot down and no clutch.
I guess it just comes with AC that it automatically cuts out the throttle when up-shifting. Using Auto-clutch enables Auto-blip aswell, which I use since I don't have a H-shifter, so it just feels wrong to use the clutch and heel n' toeing when using paddles.

But the server only allows usage of Auto-clutch, nothing else.

I guess it just comes with AC that it automatically cuts out the throttle when up-shifting. Using Auto-clutch enables Auto-blip aswell, which I use since I don't have a H-shifter, so it just feels wrong to use the clutch and heel n' toeing when using paddles.

Now I know why some drivers were able to change two gears at once ... :rolleyes:

Using Auto-clutch enables Auto-blip aswell, which I use since I don't have a H-shifter, so it just feels wrong to use the clutch and heel n' toeing when using paddles.

Ahh do THAT’S why you’re so fast :roflmao: jk

I didn't realise that TS wasn't working until after the qualifying, and I didn't want to risk (Oculus can be very temperamental) or spend the time investigating the cause (...windows update!), so to all those who might have been shouting profanities @ me after turn one on the first lap, please accept my apologies.

@Bobby Pennington, I went off @ T2 & T3 on the last lap (trying to catch John) and when I realised that I'd damaged the tires I started to panic. In the corner where we collided I was preoccupied with my erratic gear changes and I didn't see you until it was too late. Unfortunately, I couldn't ask you to carry on. In the end it was a right carry on (you go, no you go...) and we both lost two places :)

Last edited:
@Bobby Pennington, I went off @ T2 & T3 on the last lap (trying to catch John) and when I realised that I'd damaged the tires I started to panic. In the corner where we collided I was preoccupied with my erratic gear changes and I didn't see you until it was too late. Unfortunately, I couldn't ask you to carry on. In the end it was a right carry on (you go, no you go...) and we both lost two places :)
Thanks for saying that Patrick. We'll call it 50/50 then and a racing incident:) I'm with you.............the travesty was those positions it cost us:D Cheers

Likewise buddy, good race :thumbsup:. My first stint on the mediums I wore them out faster than anticipated, feels like skating on ice when those tyres go, in these cars especially. Good fun though, with such low damage you could run 100% turbo for most of the race so yea, it was a good battle of different strengths...felt like another Lambo vs. McLaren all over again :roflmao:

Had a great fight with @dynz for the last 10 mins as well, but that long sweeping right wasn't my favorite corner and lost precious time there every lap, combined with missing a braking point or two and that's all she wrote. After that, came my long standing mission in all these weekend races: don't get lapped! I barely made it before P1 caught me, but afterwards I was like "Damn, this car is such a handful...should've slowed down, my race could've ended 2 minutes ago!" :sneaky::roflmao:

The long tail is quite the animal, but I'll gladly give it another go...til next time guys.
Late reply but I thoroughly enjoyed racing you my man!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%