AC Group C @ Riverside International Raceway - Mon 27 Apr 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@HF2000

There isn’t a setup for these cars, you can soften the rear, helps a small bit, I am going to say that they are tunnel cars, once the tunnel start to work they really grip.
Slow speed with an uncontrollable turbo make finding grip at low speeds when the tunnels aren’t working properly a real handful.
We do not have TC with these cars, I think, but that is the whole pleasure with these cars, if power is your bag, it does not get any better.
When you are rotating the circuit as fast as you can, then setup may help in those circumstances, but a setup prior to this is almost pointless.
The fastest car by quite a margin is the Mercedes, but trying to control that is very very difficult. For many reasons, tame it and it’s a winner.
My best bet would be the Porsche ST or Mazda.

Last edited:
Is there a notable difference between the Porsches?

Glad you are liking the combo mate. Did we race these at Riverside in the past? I had a look, but didn't see an event thread. I've run the combo in rF2, but didn't realise it's been done at RD in AC. :)
We have raced these in the past. Bobby Pennington was the organiser then. No idea of the timescale, ie when it was.

I am very surprised to see so few takers in this race! These cars are a blast to drive.
Maybe its the track thats puts peeps off. Personally I love this combo, but there are better tracks to match these cars. Rd America and Spa for instance. Even Paul Ricard.

Anyway, I just hope we all have a great time at Riverside. See you there guys

Is there a notable difference between the Porsches?
Yes Andreas, one is longer than the other:roflmao: Sorry, couldn't resist:p

Seriously though, my understanding is; the long tail, producing less drag, was developed for Le Mans for a higher top speed. The trade off is that it doesn't produce as much downforce as the ST. Only imo, the difference is notable... you can take a lot of wing off the ST and still have stunning downforce compared to the LT ;)

Yes Andreas, one is longer than the other:roflmao: Sorry, couldn't resist:p

Seriously though, my understanding is; the long tail, producing less drag, was developed for Le Mans for a higher top speed. The trade off is that it doesn't produce as much downforce as the ST. Only imo, the difference is notable... you can take a lot of wing off the ST and still have stunning downforce compared to the LT ;)

I am not surprised getting this answer :)

Thanks John :thumbsup: . Maybe I find time to try both but currently, learning the track is more than enough. When I saw the tiny track map at the loading screen, I was like "Oh only 4 corners, that should be easy to figure out" ... Well ...

@640er
You can take the S's flat out in the ST, with the LT you just cannot, or I can't, as John said.
The LT produces 50% less down force.
Little wonder it struggles at this circuit, but that the fun of it.:)

@640er
You can take the S's flat out in the ST, with the LT you just cannot, or I can't, as John said.
The LT produces 50% less down force.
Little wonder it struggles at this circuit, but that the fun of it.:)
Flat out hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm , a shame that I nearly had no time to practice. Hope I'll catch some of you fast guys today on the server to join you in the car.

I am very surprised to see so few takers in this race! These cars are a blast to drive.
Maybe its the track thats puts peeps off. Personally I love this combo, but there are better tracks to match these cars. Rd America and Spa for instance. Even Paul Ricard.

Anyway, I just hope we all have a great time at Riverside. See you there guys
Hi Ken.

We ran these cars at Spa the other day, but in the Simracing.gp beta. You're right, it was a blast, but I didn't wanna run the same combo so soon - even though....
Anyways, I think RA has been done and PR hurts my eyes, so I went for something a bit interesting. We ran this combo in rF2 and it was great fun, so I went for it.

Cheers buddy, see you tonight - looking forward to it. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back