AC Group C @ Riverside International Raceway - Mon 27 Apr 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
First race was a flat Out run, second race once in traffic, had loads of problems with tyre temp, hence pressures. Trying to survive in traffic with a difficult car and as most were faster on the inner circuit made life twice as difficult. Getting it going on 100% boost was not easy on the inner circuit.
Thank heaven for the long straights. :)
Axel gave me some grief, could not get the timing correct, by the time I got past as I said before, pressures and temps were off, really struggled with the inner circuit.
Needed a couple of laps to get everything settled.
I was getting nearly 340kph on the back straight, I don’t think I will have the luxury of that advantage ever again.:(
Sorry about the waffle, a symptomatic of a terrible race I had Sunday, at least today helped put that behind me.
Thanks to all for a great race, special thanks to all those who abounded the LT;)
and of course @Medilloni for a great event, giving me a chance to see what it’s like at the pointy end.:thumbsup:

edit,
sorry @Denis Betty

So many thanks for the race.

Relapsed into old timers mod.:O_o:

Last edited:
First race was a flat Out run, second race once in traffic, had loads of problems with tyre temp, hence pressures. Trying to survive in traffic with a difficult car and as most were faster on the inner circuit made life twice as difficult. Getting it going on 100% boost was not easy on the inner circuit.
Thank heaven for the long straights. :)
Axel gave me some grief, could not get the timing correct, by the time I got past as I said before, pressures and temps were off, really struggled with the inner circuit.
Needed a couple of laps to get everything settled.
I was getting nearly 340kph on the back straight, I don’t think I will have the luxury of that advantage ever again.:(
Sorry about the waffle, a symptomatic of a terrible race I had Sunday, at least today helped put that behind me.
Thanks to all for a great race, special thanks to all those who abounded the LT;)
and of course @Medilloni for a great event, giving me a chance to see what it’s like at the pointy end.:thumbsup:

I think we both had a disappointing race on Sunday - getting a drive through penalty after being knocked off @ the first chicane was the icing on the cake. I forgot all about that though when you posted a jaw dropping time on the practice sever that night and then left the server like a true pro:notworthy: :laugh:The words 'wound' & 'salt' spring to mind.:mad:

After Sunday night's eye-opener I was surprised with the qualy results, and certainly didn't expect to finish second. Both races though were a bit of mixed bag. I had a disaster in the first race & it seemed like everybody else had one in the second:laugh:. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when the lead group imploded at the end of the first lap in the second race. Unfortunately, I took my eye off what I was doing & nearly took Han out. Apologies to Han for that & the incident during the qualy.:redface:

Thanks for putting the race on Denis.:thumbsup:

Edit: When I switch over to VR from my headphones, Windows' doesn't always change over the mic & audio to Teamspeak. I could hear what was being said but Teamspeak wasn't picking up the mic on the VR headset.

Edit II: Ernie, did you experience any stuttering last night?

Last edited:
I think we both had a disappointing race on Sunday - getting a drive through penalty after being knocked off @ the first chicane was the icing on the cake. I forgot all about that though when you posted a jaw dropping time on the practice sever that night and then left the server like a true pro:notworthy: :laugh:The words 'wound' & 'salt' spring to mind.:mad:

After Sunday night's eye-opener I was surprised with the qualy results, and certainly didn't expect to finish second. Both races though were a bit of mixed bag. I had a disaster in the first race & it seemed like everybody else had one in the second:laugh:. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when the lead group imploded at the end of the first lap in the second race. Unfortunately, I took my eye off what I was doing & nearly took Han out. Apologies to Han for that & the incident during the qualy.:redface:

Thanks for putting the race on Denis.:thumbsup:

Edit: When I switch over to VR from my headphones, Windows' doesn't always change over the mic & audio to Teamspeak. I could hear what was being said but Teamspeak wasn't picking up the mic on the VR headset.

I think that mic and audio issue is a result of recent Nvidia drivers Patrick. I had to roll back to the driver pre MArch. I think its 442.72 or something like that.

I think that mic and audio issue is a result of recent Nvidia drivers Patrick. I had to roll back to the driver pre MArch. I think its 442.72 or something like that.

Over-sized grids aside, my PC is running reasonable well. I don't get any stuttering so I'm reluctant to make any major changes for a minor annoyance (like Windows arbitrarily seeing my T300 wheel as a joystick:mad:). Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately, I took my eye off what I was doing & nearly took Han out. Apologies to Han for that & the incident during the qualy.:redface:

No problem. Patrick. Very understandable in that situation. And I didn't get off as I remembered.

I don't think Ernie hat stuttering but he did a stunning 340 on the straight which looked like he was skipping parts of the track :p

Last edited:
Yeah I pulled over to let him by he was going so fast.

Those cars really show up how poor my throttle control is. In the replay of race 2 I'm sliding all over. Others looked so smooth. Was that better control or were others keeping it in higher gears in the twisty stuff?

Yeah I pulled over to let him by he was going so fast.

Those cars really show up how poor my throttle control is. In the replay of race 2 I'm sliding all over. Others looked so smooth. Was that better control or were others keeping it in higher gears in the twisty stuff?
Can you turn the geara app on in replay?

If you move the cursor to the right side of your screen, this magic side widget/apps bar thingy appears. One of the apps it turns on or off is called gears. Click on it and it magically displays what gear you are in. You can even move this "Gear App" around your screen. Mazin! :rolleyes: ;)

No, I realise, in the scheme of things it is just one event, Sunday’s was only 4 laps + practice. :(
But after someone, may have been George, suggested no v-sync in game and no v-sync in NVIDIA’s Control panel all seems well.
I do not run at 120Fps but 103Fps if that effects how G-Sync runs I do not know,(
( AMD Free sync 2 on my monitor )

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing