AC Group C @ Nordschleife - Tuesday 18th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well that was quite an experience haha.
Sorry to Han and Ernie for the starting bumps. I just got away like a rocket and couldn't slow down quick enough...

Driving around the ring together with you was very enjoyable :D

However it was a bit frustrating when I was stuck behind Ernie to then get completely dusted on the straights.
Turns out he had the long tail :roflmao: :confused:

Well that was quite an experience haha.
Sorry to Han and Ernie for the starting bumps. I just got away like a rocket and couldn't slow down quick enough...

Driving around the ring together with you was very enjoyable :D

However it was a bit frustrating when I was stuck behind Ernie to then get completely dusted on the straights.
Turns out he had the long tail :roflmao: :confused:

You'll have to give the LT or C9 a go! :geek: It's an experience!

Most enjoyable race, stress really got to me though, one thing driving with just you and the track in this car, being hassled is another thing..:(
Got really phased for some reason, does not bode well in this car, it bites you if you have a lapse of any sort of concentration.
C9 is twice as bad at that on this circuit.
Andreas got his revenge, I had a taste of my own medicine too, last lap, last fifth of the race lap. Overtaking was pointless, long straight, C9 with Andreas, gone.:D:D:(
Saw the massive accident between Brian and Rasmus, just saw cars flying through the air.:roflmao::roflmao:
Last lap I had just about seen enough of Nords.:O_o:
Great race organisation @Interslice Brian, deserved a much bigger field. B544F4EC-B630-47D7-850D-6085EDDB2895.jpeg
Sorry lads, no good on the mic, cannot hear much, just the odd few words.:(

You'll have to give the LT or C9 a go! :geek: It's an experience!
I tried the C9 right now and have to say it's not as bad as I expected it to be. Managed a 6:22:xxx after some atempts but keeping it together for more than one lap is a challenge.

Thanks for hosting the fun, mate! :thumbsup:

I'm afraid the Nordschleife itself distracts some drivers from participating as it's a very special long track with no room for mistakes (like on Tilke-F1-tracks).

Last edited:
One and half great races for me! The last lap and a half of race 2 everything started to unravel a bit, culminating in a vertical lift off after i think my ballsiest shot at an overtake this year! Whatever brakes and tyres they fitted for the 2nd grid just weren't the same :p

Set a PB in the qualy, but even 3 further PBs in the race wasn't enough to hold off ernie's charge! I seen on lap 1 he made 4 seconds on dottinger... On lap 2 I knew before the kleine carousel I was doomed to his big balls car with 'only' a 3.5 second lead :roflmao: . He had made no lead from me however and I fished and prodded for a gap inside the LT understeer for all of lap 3. You drove great ernie, an excellent defense for the 5 minutes, before burning off down the straight again, into the sunset! I thought you were cool as cucumber! Wouldn't have known it was so stressful for you.

Thanks to everyone for racing tonight. Also from purely a racers point of view, thanks to everyone for pushing so hard but fair. It brings my driving up a level having to just keep up or occasionally keep one of you fellas behind for a lap or so! I just can't do near the lap times in practice i end up with in the races. Opposite maybe to you @Kek700 in that sense?!

P.s. If anyone has a replay of race one that would be great!? I only recorded the practice, qualy and race 2 for some reason.. If i was reading the timesheet correctly i had 3 really nice sectors in race 1, just on 3 different laps :p Nearly have this track figured out a year down the road!

Last edited:
I'd only driven a group C car a few hours before the race so pleased to get through the event with only a few spins. Obviously hopelessly off the pace but they are impressive cars to drive around this track.

Shame there were not more drivers as bad as me to race with :)

I suspect people are put off these cars because the first impression is that it's trying to kill you! Maybe some help on how to drive them would encourage bigger grids?

Last edited:
Just as I set up everything up for a few laps of practice, a friend of mine dropped by surprisingly. One beer later I jumped into qualy without having done a lap. Aborted my first outlap at Döttinger Höhe after I saw that my initial gearing is way to short. Finished the second outlap and immediately crashed at the beginning of my only push-lap because I was expecting the same layout as on Sunday :D Ok so no time set. As race 1 started, I realized my setup and especially fuel changes haven't been saved :/ So I decided to teleport into the pits and do some setup work and at least one or two practice laps. So for race 2 at least my car was ready, I wasn't :D Lots of spins and crashes in front of me gifted me P3 which sounds nice but wasn't really deserved.

Congrats to the front and thanks to Brian. Hopefully we can get a bit more people attracted next time. It will be a much easier circuit.

Last edited:
I'd only driven a group C car a few hours before the race so pleased to get through the event with only a few spins. Obviously hopelessly off the pace but they are impressive cars to drive around this track.

I suspect people are put off these cars because the first impression is that it's trying to kill you! Maybe some help on how to drive them would encourage bigger grids?

Nice one colin. A brave start to Group C life at nords! Unfortunately there is no great secret to it. Perseverance, which you must have to have finished this event!, and driving them regularly is the only way. Driving on tuesday nights in general will help as most cars are missing at least one assist. Usually they are easier than this event!

Group C, I would start with the 962 ST with a long gear setup as it's the most stable. In slippy corners slowly squeezing the throttle would be the first habit to get into. These cars are so light that without aero working ,on brakes or the throttle they, well now you know what they do! As a conservative rule of thumb... 1st gear should take 5 seconds to get from 0 to 100 %; 2nd gear, 4 seconds etc.

Try to brake and accelerate in straight lines and get a good coast speed though the corner to still hit apexes but maybe avoid the kerb! Brake points are tricky as the will shift back and forward with exits to the previous corner, slip streams, fuel and tyres.

It's all about survival on tuesday nights, once you get the hang of not spinning and crashing you will start to get into battles with others :) Last night was a particularly quick field, luckily group c at this track is a hobby within a hobby for me and i could keep up!

Last edited:

Come join us next time. I promise it will be a far more relaxing track as I'm thinking about the Salzburgring. It's an old circuit, only a few long corners and one chicane :) It will be in 2 or 3 weeks so there should be plenty of time to get practice

Can you image driving one of these beasts, in real life, for a couple of hours? 16mins of sim-racing and I'm toasted...

When taking Quiddelbacher Höhe for the first time I went flat out, same result :)

Have you tried the 90's GT1 stuff in AC?! They're insane, belong on a runway!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%