AC Group C @ Nordschleife - Tuesday 18th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hmmm never driven the group c apart from Mazda when having fun in 2016...

Is it fast enough to battle with all you st guys?
Not sure mate. Maybe depends on the ST driver? ;) But also the Mazda driver, lol.

I've no clue how good the Mazda is in all the corners. I just don't like it so I never tried it really.

This will offend some, please others, may get bigger fields if we have TC and ABS, not tried it, maybe with 700bhp it may not help.
I am assuming, probably incorrectly that for a lot of people it requires too much dedication without some help.
The ST is much better, it drives like an unassisted GT3, but after struggling with a C9 it is bound to seem much easier.
C9 and Nords is far from an easy package.
Last night drove the ST around Nords, that was a spectacular drive. :)

My opinion will probably offend some also but I think if you want to be become a faster more consistant driver quicker and stay sharp you need to be driving these sort of cars unassisted. They keep you on your toes so when your mclaren or whatever does have a wobble it's a normal event.

Hmmm never driven the group c apart from Mazda when having fun in 2016...

Is it fast enough to battle with all you st guys?

They are very similar in terms of grip and downforce but the power delivery is massively different. The twin turbos either side of the flat 6 has a nice low torque to pull you onto the high power turbo. The rotary in the other hand has no low range and all of sudden gives you all the power! Makes it a much trickier drive for me anyway and i have to run more wing to compensate.

Last edited:
I can't speak for anyone else of course, but I did spend hours over several nights trying to find a way to keep one of these cars, any of them, on the track. Even at a pace more than a minute off of Reik's pace, I never got two consecutive laps completed without crashing even in the ST, and the Merc and LT even worse of course. The Mazda has my heart, but needs the wing pretty much flat to equal the other's top end, and then it's more twitchy and evil than the other three, at least for me.
All that said, it would just be flat wrong to neuter these beasts with ABS and TC. You don't put training wheels on a race bike. A man's got to know his limitations, and I have no problem admitting that these four, on this venue, are beyond mine, and I'm not about to prove that at the expense of ruining the rush for those who can. I understand and support wholeheartedly the "all are welcome" ethos of RD, and it works 99.9% of the time, but this one's a race for the elite among us, in my not so humble cantankerous opinion; and I don't think there's a bleeping thing wrong with that in this case. Wish there were more who were up to it, but it should be a great race... I hope someone posts the replay!

I got a decent setup for the Mazda if you are interested. I'm usually about 1-2 seconds slower on normal tracks compares to the ST
Yes Yes pls. I havn't driven the Mazda yet and I've choosen it only because I want that blank spot removed (and I do like the sound :) ) After reading your comments I'm in doubt if it was a good choice, hopefully your setup fits me

@Kek700
Making ABS and TC available would take away their essence. For me Group C is all about battling with the car, more than with the other guys around me :) Maybe that's why I like the C9

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay posting this. This i guesstimate is about 5 seconds slower than Eriks Spa setup but the back doesn't move around under braking, into the big stops like aremberg. More wing will shorten the brake zones but it will tend to understeer at high speeds, through the left hander into aremberg for example.
It's for the ST!

Attachments

• test1no wing.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 50
  • test1no wing.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 41
Last edited:
Yes Yes pls. I havn't driven the Mazda yet and I've choosen it only because I want that blank spot removed (and I do like the sound :) ) After reading your comments I'm in doubt if it was a good choice, hopefully your setup fits me
Our preparation is at full pro level! :roflmao: :roflmao:

Since we aren't a full grid.. Could you put an ST in the garage for me in case I can't drive the Mazda? :barefoot:

Last edited:
A little late, I know but here it is. For spa obviously but I think its a lot easier to drive.
You have to set up gear ratio and pressures for the ring. Maybe take a look at the wing also :)

Attachments

• 787B_SPA.ini
    1.8 KB · Views: 45

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline