AC Group C @ Nordschleife - Tuesday 18th May 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I bet one race will last 4 laps, because I can do laps quicker than 6:30 (not telling how much quicker). So if you multiply 6,5 minutes with 3 laps, you'll end at 19,5 minutes, so the race would take another lap to its end.
Hehe yeah I thought so too after seeing that were only doing the old Nordschleife without the gp part!
Looking forward to this!

After my first ever test here with the ST here's my setup if you like to give it a try. It's basically the Spa setup with only a few tweaks to the tyres, fuel and gears.

It feels like I can handle it but it's not very stable, so use it at your own risk. ;) Any atempt to make it more stable also made it slower, more understeering and less willing tu turn. So I'll cope with it as it is.

I bet one race will last 4 laps, because I can do laps quicker than 6:30 (not telling how much quicker). So if you multiply 6,5 minutes with 3 laps, you'll end at 19,5 minutes, so the race would take another lap to its end.

Thanks Reik! I'll give it a try. I tried Erik's spa setup and found it reasonably stable, once you're not at the panic brake stage of learning the track! Set a PB with it! Any of your setups i've tried in the past were far too twitchy on the brakes for me!

[...] Any of your setups i've tried in the past were far too twitchy on the brakes for me!

It looks like driving style and personal preferences kick in here the most. I hate understeering and cars, which don't want to turn in or turn as qick as I want them to. So I tweak a setup as long as the car does what I want. So I often end with setups, which are fast for me but also very tail happy and nervous. Depending on the car of course.

Whenever I want to make a tricky setup more stable and safer, I loose laptime (and the joy of being fast). So most likely I don't make a setup safer even for races.

Last edited:
It looks like driving style and personal preferences kick in here the most. I hate understeering and cars, which don't want to turn in or turn as qick as I want them to. So I tweak a setup as long as the car does what I want. So I often end with setups, which are fast for me but also very tail happy and nervous. Depending on the car of course.

Whenever I want to make a tricky setup more stable and safer, I loose laptime (and the joy of being fast). So most likely I don't make a setup safer even for races.

It's an interesting topic alright. I've started recently trying setups from the internet. Mostly because i don't have time to do my own but it turned out to be educational! I have found setups from certain people, across different cars and tracks work for me, and others don't! It's not nessecarily how fast their lap times are either but i think alot of fast guys do run twitchy cars alright.

From my experience assetto corsa is pretty special and sensitive about the transition from braking to cornering.
When I raced a few months only in rf2 (gt3 pack) and then switched back to ac, I spun a lot on corner entry.

Small differences there decide over spinning or being stable.
So if one tends to turn in 20 degrees at 50% brakes and the other driver turns in 5 degrees at 50%, it makes a huge difference in ac.
Somehow in rf2 I never noticed a similar behavior. But that sim has other things that are a little strange :p

Hey, where are the big balls Merc lovers? And where is:
1621281316263.png

1th L=I
@Kek700?

Last edited:
With you in the ST we will most likely do 4 laps. ;)

@Interslice
If we change the race time to 16 minutes we would only do 3 laps x 2. Maybe that would be enough? Or maybe it just me who start to feel I got enough of the ring for a while :p

With you in the ST we will most likely do 4 laps. ;)

@Interslice
If we change the race time to 16 minutes we would only do 3 laps x 2. Maybe that would be enough? Or maybe it just me who start to feel I got enough of the ring for a while :p

Ye I think that's a good shout for midweek! Even 2 laps in these is intense and the there's the tyres!

We decided to run it after the other nords events to try and draw in some fresh group C fans! Didn't exactly fill the paddock :roflmao:

This will offend some, please others, may get bigger fields if we have TC and ABS, not tried it, maybe with 700bhp it may not help.
I am assuming, probably incorrectly that for a lot of people it requires too much dedication without some help.
The ST is much better, it drives like an unassisted GT3, but after struggling with a C9 it is bound to seem much easier.
C9 and Nords is far from an easy package.
Last night drove the ST around Nords, that was a spectacular drive. :)

I tried the ST last night. It's much faster than the 488 GT3 but also much easier to handle and therefore more fun for me. Of course I'm not capable to drive it to the edge. I guess if you do, it's also gets very tricky.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 427 39.6%