RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was great fun with Keith in hot pursuit for the first race, then in hot pursuit of Keith in the second race.
Argh, this advanced middle age is catching up with me, my shoulders and left elbow are still a little sore this morning and my throttle foot was cramping up on me during the race. :cool:

Those that were there know this was not one of my favorite car/track combos. I think I expressed my dismay adequately during the race.

That being said, I am game to try anything once. That was my once.

I think the race would have been funner if we had a full-boat to race against. These cars were equalizers as no one was off pace by much. Yeah, KO and Kieth ran away on both races but it was not that they were much faster, they just stayed out of trouble.

I would not be against trying that car on a more flowing track where one can use momentum to keep going. I would like to burn that track configuration with fire.

In. This could get messy. It may be the one who stays out of trouble who wins.

I have been running the Full Damage in AI races and absolutely love it, and you're right take care of the car will be at a premium, especially those tires as I had to re-learn how to brake as flat spots are a real thing now. The only thing I haven't noticed is the AI having the same type of consequences as to damage.
What was the most impressive to me was how moderate damage (50%+) effects the car and how over time it progressively gets worse to point of you either pit and get it fixed or it fails.

I would not be against trying that car on a more flowing track where one can use momentum to keep going. I would like to burn that track configuration with fire.

Yeah, my quest to have new combinations hit a snag with this combo as neither the car nor the track really offer much in my humble opinion, but I do try to offer cars and tracks that have been suggested. Having said that no more of that please.:laugh:

@Keith_G and I gave next week's combo several laps and we both thought once tires and brakes cam up to temp they were quite fun, so just give the Porsche a few hot laps to really wake up.

Welp...Figured out why I was having so much trouble last night, other than the track/car combo...

I had my wheel settings on iRacing and ACC (Set 2), not for R3E (Set 1). It would have made a huge difference as Set 2 in R3E makes the car harder to turn...

:O_o:

• Wow
Reactions: DND
Sign me up please!
Ok lets do the Math here:
Fixed setup + Full damage x Porsche GT2 ÷ by the best RD club drivers to race with = Dog fight at Laguna Seca

• Love
Reactions: DND
I can't commit to this race as i have a seminar to attend, supposed to finish at 7.30 but i know from previous ones they tend to go on later. If i'm home in time i will definitely race, but it would be a late entry for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%