RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Group C.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on
TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief.

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com EU - Saturday
Cars: Group C
Track: Hockenheimring - GP

Saturday 22/02/20
Practice:
15:00 EDT / 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 15:30 EDT / 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 15:45 EDT / 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 15:50 EDT / 20:50 UTC (45 minutes) - Mandatory Pit Stop (minimum 2 tyres)

Entry List - 30 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Event Host)
  2. FeltHat
  3. PurgerUK
  4. Magnus Stjerneby
  5. stevem
  6. Knut Mattheisen
  7. 2112
  8. Ti Ko
  9. Steve Le Gallez
  10. Redvaliant
  11. Dennis Manke
  12. Free slot
  13. Free slot
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot

UTP#18

Last edited:
Reactions: DND
How are you calculating fuel? I'm first getting an average lap. For this event, I average a 49 second lap.

Then I convert all seconds to 100ths. Simply divide the seconds by 60. I'm looking at .816 a lap.

Next I divide the lap from the time of a race. 20 minutes here, so 20 ÷ .816 = 24.5 laps in 20 minutes.

Using this I set the fuel to 24.5 laps or so, and then add 15%. An extra 3 laps in this case.

Am I far off from what you all do?

After writing this, I searched up an iRacing calculator, and I'm about where I estimated. Here's the calculator...

- Testing the car again. After my wheel did what ever it did, I changed some of the settings on it. Most notably, I turned the spring and drift settings up. This makes the wheel a heck of a lot quicker and lighter feeling. The down side, I have to take the car's FFB output close to clipping, just to get the same strength I was use to.

Since making the changes, Im a little more confident with the X-Bow. Where it use to slide and give me nothing but a mushy feeling, it is now giving me a better idea of what the front tires are doing. With this, I also can feel how the car is settling when I accelerate out of a corner.

Still I am 3 seconds down from competitive, so I still have work to do. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: DND
@Wilko Jones I have been using the metric settings as I calculate to the liter, or do you prefer litre, as I find it more precise than gallons being smaller increments. I also use the OtterHUD overlay which tracks a number of data points one of which all complete laps turned, this gives you a lap by lab fuel consumption as well as an average.
Now all I do is convert total race time to seconds, as well as laps to seconds and then divide to get number of laps multiplied by liters per lap.

Ross started a thread I suggest you check out if you haven't already for OtterHUD

@Wilko Jones I take length of race (minutes) X 60 to get length of race in seconds. Divide this by my lap time to get number of laps. Number of laps X fuel per lap (from CrewChief) = fuel needed. I add 10% to this for a safety margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%