AC Group C @ Daytona - Wednesday 11 Dec 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I might join with the Porsche ST, but given rule #2 I'll hold of the decision until tomorrow (unless I can enter some sort of reserve list?).

I've never drove a group C before today and I'm having some difficulty to get a steady race pace. Exiting the corner and loosing my rear happens quite regularly even when only giving a tad of throttle the torque really gets me.

I thoroughly recommend that you join us, forget about winning, that may come later, it is about learning and having. Consistency is the key, that is what you should concentrate on first. you will learn a lot quicker by entering as many events as you can

So you have oversteer on corner exit ...there are several options that you can adjust to get a more balanced car

• Soften rear anti roll-bar (or increase front)
  • decrease diff power locking (not all cars have this option)
  • Soften rear springs
I hope to see you on the grid :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I thoroughly recommend that you join us, forget about winning, that may come later, it is about learning and having. Consistency is the key, that is what you should concentrate on first. you will learn a lot quicker by entering as many events as you can

So you have oversteer on corner exit ...there are several options that you can adjust to get a more balanced car

• Soften rear anti roll-bar (or increase front)
  • Increase diff power locking (not all cars have this option)
  • Soften rear springs
I hope to see you on the grid :thumbsup:

You wanna decrease the diff power value if having oversteer on exit

You wanna decrease the diff power value if having oversteer on exit
I think the description in AC says that lower values mean more locked differential. I think. I know some of the descriptions in AC are kinda inverted.

Although, that means you and craig are saying the same thing, but with different words :))

I think the description in AC says that lower values mean more locked differential. I think. I know some of the descriptions in AC are kinda inverted.

Although, that means you and craig are saying the same thing, but with different words :))

No, I'm saying the opposit :p
Increasing power lock will give MORE oversteer on exit/throttle. In AC it's the same, 100% diff power is 100% lock, so you want to decrease this value to avoid oversteer on exit.

Edit: sorry, I don't mean to sound as I'm pointing fingers, just want to clear it out to not confuse those trying to learn setup. If I'm wrong, please forgive me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
So little love is shown, that is why I stopped the group C events 10 months ago and I see nothing has changed :(

Someone has dropped out which means if EVERYBODY turned up and honestly that is very doubtful there would be just seven of us ...does not make for good racing..I will go ahead with it if the majority of you want it to? ...I have sent a message to every driver that is sign up for this event.

Last edited:
Not a lot of love at all, that is why I stopped the group C events 10 months ago and I see nothing has changed :(

Someone has dropped out which means if EVERYBODY turned up and honestly that is very doubtful there would be just seven of us ...does not make for good racing..I will go ahead with it if the majority of you want it to? ...I have sent a message to every driver that is sign up for this event.

I love group C and would've raced, even just the few of us. But, it's always been the same scenario with the difficult cars, the majority expect fail and keep away.

my answer is YES YES YES. I love group C cars. they are such fun to drive I dont understand why we have such low turn outs.
answering the guy who has oversteer, Mr SPENKMAN, just put the rear ARB furthest to the left. This will really help.
Also, we will all help you during practice.

I love group C and would've raced, even just the few of us. But, it's always been the same scenario with the difficult cars, the majority expect fail and keep away.

FYI - the last Group C event on RD was very close to having a full grid. The last Daytona race on RD was cancelled due to server issues, but also had a low number of sign ups.

Last edited:
FYI - the last Group C event on RD was very close to having a full grid. The last Daytona race on RD was cancelled due to sever issues, but also had a low number of sign ups.

I didn't mean to offend, just if this was the case.
Anyway, another problem with group C is the huge difference in car performance, so if not because of the drivers, the cars will make the grid wide open. Still, they're a blast to drive, I love heel n'toe with shifter set to dogbone

I didn't mean to offend, just if this was the case.
Anyway, another problem with group C is the huge difference in car performance, so if not because of the drivers, the cars will make the grid wide open. Still, they're a blast to drive, I love heel n'toe with shifter set to dogbone

You are not offending anybody, your opinion is welcome :thumbsup:

Great fun, I went for the C9 (Point and squirt) the Mazda was all over me on the road section, but then I would blast past on the straight, I attacked John at the wrong time, he must have been laughing ..if you were John I'm gonna put a contract out on you :confused: ..I managed to hold on to second place, but John was long gone ...10 mins to go I ran out of fuel :mad: I got a very simple calculation wrong :barefoot:

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and congrads to the drivers that stuck it out :thumbsup:

Our next AC event is on Monday, we take the Porsche RSR out [CLICK ME] she is well balanced and a great drive.

Cant make Monday? then try Wednesday ..but this one is filling up quickly [GT3 @ Kyalami]

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 505 39.0%