AC Group C @ Daytona - Wednesday 11 Dec 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I hope you love these cars as much as I do ...A very quick info ...Mazda, superb and the easiest to drive, problems ..the slowest in a straight line. Porsche ST and LT ...good at most things, the ST is slower than the LT, but easier to driver, the LT has boost option...The Merc is simply a beast, way quicker than any of the others in a straight line...very hard to drive, very long braking distance, few can master her ..good luck and welcome :thumbsup:

How does the Porsche LT boost option malarkey work? - I want to get my revenge against Joel & shout "POWER" :p as I overtake him (fat chance of that happening...). I can see there's an 'overtake' button in the cockpit, so is there a key that I can assign to it in the AC wheel setup?

I'm not sure that I'm going to be able to match Ernie's speed in the ST, so I might swap my car for either the LT or the C9 :confused:.

Patrick, unfortunately Joel has gone for the long tail, the rotter.:(
if he can keep it on the road he will be long gone......
that leaves the C9, if you can resists heroics and use it as a point and straight line squirt that is quick, stopping it may take some delicate application of the brakes.

@pattikins my advice is use PORSCHE LT, turbo boost +/- attached to wheel, from AC menu, run at 60 -70% boost for the twiddley bits,
70% best, then as soon as you are on the back straight goto 100% including the chicane, be careful of power application coming out of the chicane. ( keep it as straight as you can for chicane exit )
i was nearly 2.5 seconds quicker in the LT
i am sure with some practice with this car i could get 3 seconds.:thumbsup::)

PS number 2, just before crossing start finish line, back boost of to 70%, the nearer the line you do it, better lap time. Past the line, I could never get the timing of dropping the boost and setting up the braking.

By far, the LT is the quickest around Daytona for Group C. The C9 can challenge the LT, but the brakes and difficult throttle behavior makes it much harder to keep up with LT laptime. ST and Mazda are the slowest.
If you run a long track with topspeed straights, like Le Mans, the C9 is crazy fast.

@Tberg , totally agree, last time I used the ST (a track with more corners) it seemed to compete easily with the LT, I guess 'cos the ST seems more nimble, but here I can't get within 1.5 of the LT when using the ST.

Apologies for the numpty question.... @Craig Dunkley Craig, when using 90% (or over) boost with the LT Porsche the engine damage light comes on, so does this mean over the race distance the engine power will drop, and if so, how much? I only ask 'cos there's maybe a pay-off using the ST over the full distance, with maybe less fuel 'n tyre wear?

Yours faithfully,

Confused :p :p :laugh:

@Tberg , totally agree, last time I used the ST (a track with more corners) it seemed to compete easily with the LT, I guess 'cos the ST seems more nimble, but here I can't get within 1.5 of the LT when using the ST.

Apologies for the numpty question.... @Craig Dunkley Craig, when using 90% (or over) boost with the LT Porsche the engine damage light comes on, so does this mean over the race distance the engine power will drop, and if so, how much? I only ask 'cos there's maybe a pay-off using the ST over the full distance, with maybe less fuel 'n tyre wear?

Yours sincerly,

Confused :p :p :laugh:

You can not just leave it on full boost John ..she would only last around 15-20 minutes. You have to map a button for boost control ..have it set on say 70% then hit that boost button on straights or for an overtake ..but if you just leave it at 100% for sure she will blow.

John, managed quite a few laps on 100% on server, just to see if it was possible
and I can report you can, but as Craig said not sure how long I could have gone, must have done at least 5 or 6 laps before coming in to pits for a tweak. :)

John, managed quite a few laps on 100% on server, just to see if it was possible
and I can report you can, but as Craig said not sure how long I could have gone, must have done at least 5 or 6 laps before coming in to pits for a tweak. :)
Thanks Ernie, will try and get on the server for longer tomorrow - as well as the power Q, and partly 'cos I wonder about fuel consumption and if tyres will be shredded sooner on the LT. I'm making this too complicated:roflmao::laugh:

I’m sooo much quicker in the LT John. no you are not making it too complicated, I will still run the ST, see if I can keep it on the track for the whole race, that is my own challenge and see how many can do the Same.
It should be a very interesting race with many twists and turns.:)
My own point of view is that it is just as difficult keeping the ST on the track
as it is the LT at 100% permanent boost. Tyres and everything else held up well, fuel consumption, I took no notice of, all done with 50 litres aboard.
All the above I will find out on race day. I think Joel is going to be very quick in the LT.

I might join with the Porsche ST, but given rule #2 I'll hold of the decision until tomorrow (unless I can enter some sort of reserve list?).

I've never drove a group C before today and I'm having some difficulty to get a steady race pace. Exiting the corner and loosing my rear happens quite regulary even when only giving a tad of throttle the torque really gets me.

I might join with the Porsche ST, but given rule #2 I'll hold of the decision until tomorrow (unless I can enter some sort of reserve list?).

I've never drove a group C before today and I'm having some difficulty to get a steady race pace. Exiting the corner and loosing my rear happens quite regulary even when only giving a tad of throttle the torque really gets me.
Give it a go Henk, Group C cars take some getting used to, but worth it - and these events are about having fun above all :thumbsup:

Sign me off, I can't get my pedals up and running for this race.

After my csp v2 pedals failed hard on me @Atlanta, I found my throttle hall sensor is bend outta shape, while the magnet is in pieces! Argh!
Ordered new parts from Fanatec today, no clue when or if I can get them.
cspv2th.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years