RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@David DeGreef Had a lot of fun chasing you the first stint before pit stops. Following you was like following AI in my practices at 107%. Un-catchable.

Hit my pit box, was watching you pit to see how close pit exit may be and never thought to turn off the engine as I kind of forgot that this game wants the engine off in every car. Wasted a fair bit of time on botching the pit stop which would have been smooth as everything else was spot on. I wanted a top 3 but will settle for the top 5.

Last edited:
Fun race. Once again pit preset problem. :( Is only one preset allowed per race? I had 3 presets but could only access the first preset. Which had no fuel, only tires.

I have keyboard mappings which are duplicated in a G13 which I use as a button box of sorts. You can have all the presets you want and should be able to < or > or up / down through them.

A few races back with Group 5 cars at Sonoma, I had the exact issue. My mappings are good, I could cycle through presets but couldn't change anything and retired due to fuel as well.

A small bug perhaps.

@David DeGreef Had a lot of fun chasing you the first stint before pit stops. Following you was like following AI in my practices at 107%. Un-catchable.
Thank you that is a very nice compliment, right? :cautious:
It was fun, I was doing everything within my ability to try and keep you out of DRS range. Looking forward to more battles.

I have keyboard mappings which are duplicated in a G13 which I use as a button box of sorts. You can have all the presets you want and should be able to < or > or up / down through them.
A few races back with Group 5 cars at Sonoma, I had the exact issue. My mappings are good, I could cycle through presets but couldn't change anything and retired due to fuel as well.
A small bug perhaps.
Dumb question but you do have a button bound for ENTER/SELECT?

Hit my pit box, was watching you pit to see how close pit exit may be and never thought to turn off the engine as I kind of forgot that this game wants the engine off in every car. Wasted a fair bit of time on botching the pit stop which would have been smooth as everything else was spot on. I wanted a top 3 but will settle for the top 5.
You don't need to turn the car off if just changing tires. Also, some cars like Indy for instance, you leave running while refueling as well.:thumbsup:

Thank you that is a very nice compliment, right? :cautious:
It was fun, I was doing everything within my ability to try and keep you out of DRS range. Looking forward to more battles.

Dumb question but you do have a button bound for ENTER/SELECT?

Yes Enter/Select is mapped. I know it works. I've tested it. Interesting as I didn't know they have different behavior for different cars. Anyone know if it's based on real world? It seems that refueling in some cars such as the DTM, which apparently do not have pit stops in the real series (?), seem to require the car off for fuel.

Yessir that was a compliment. 2-3 times where I had DRS available, was using it and could get within car lengths but then was into a braking zone and couldn't get a move set up.

I briefly tried a setup that was discussed pre-race with settings read out. Would have needed more time with that to see if I could get quicker. My 1m:34.305s Q was the best I ran in the car. I couldn't find anything more to catch you. :thumbsup:

On to next week.

Well, I'm back. We were prepared for a direct hit when for some reason the hurricane stalled over Grand Bahama Island and sat there for almost 2 days pounding them mercilessly while all we got was some of the wind and rain of the outer bands. Once it started moving again it veered northward and left us with just a few isolated power outages so we can count our blessings as things return to normal.

On to Portimao:thumbsup:. BTW, did someone pour oil all over this track or did I just forget how tractionless these cars are?

:thumbsup:
I'm in. No car choice yet. Do we have to confirm a car before raceday or no?
:thumbsup: You may select any car/livery anytime. Only pre-race choice requirement is during multi-class races
Well, I'm back. We were prepared for a direct hit when for some reason the hurricane stalled over Grand Bahama Island and sat there for almost 2 days pounding them mercilessly while all we got was some of the wind and rain of the outer bands. Once it started moving again it veered northward and left us with just a few isolated power outages so we can count our blessings as things return to normal.

On to Portimao:thumbsup:. BTW, did someone pour oil all over this track or did I just forget how tractionless these cars are?
:thumbsup:
So glad to hear you were spared the brunt of the storm, thoughts and prayers go out to those that were less fortunate.

If you have not seen the post by Alex H of Sector 3 in the Spa multiclass event thread the amount of fuel does have an effect on the weight and behavior of the car.

If you have not seen the post by Alex H of Sector 3 in the Spa multiclass event thread the amount of fuel does have an effect on the weight and behavior of the car.
I honestly never saw it at RA or Sonoma. I tried both cars with five laps of fuel but no difference in times. Then I tried it at Hockenheim, because "What The Hell?" I could not get any faster with my wing where it was, and my time dropped significantly enough to raise me from 6th on the quali leaderboard to 3rd.

Go figure...The two cars I am fastest in, LMP1 and GTO, I get no speed increase, yet one of the cars I am not fast in I get a speed increase.

The Lotus feels in between the Porsche, and KTM. It doesn’t jive with me for some reason though. Neither does the Porsche. Figures I like the slowest one of the bunch. The X Bow loves to be thrown into corners, but is an absolute turtle on straights. I think this will be the first race I go with a slow car on straights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%