RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind folks that there's DRS available for those cars, make sure to bind it to your wheel and practice driving with it during practice session (without any limits of usage). During the race its 3 uses per lap if you are a second or less behind another car
I always forgot about DRS :cool: I'll be sure to configure it and most important use it

Been busy trying to get Raceroom working properly again after it crashed on me last week...I think I found the culprit so I’m in for tonight’s race. Now time to practice...

I always forgot about DRS :cool: I'll be sure to configure it and most important use it
Just remember that the time trail times are set with no DRS as will our quali times. I ran two races against the AI, just to hammer out laps, and did not use DRS once. I am sure we will use it in the race but we only get it if we are within a certain time of the car ahead.

I do not believe the leading car gets DRS at all unless, of course, it is overtaken.

Just remember that the time trail times are set with no DRS as will our quali times. I ran two races against the AI, just to hammer out laps, and did not use DRS once. I am sure we will use it in the race but we only get it if we are within a certain time of the car ahead.

I do not believe the leading car gets DRS at all unless, of course, it is overtaken.
You would be correct. And I think it's either 1 or 1.5 seconds behind someone before it will let you use it. Also be mindful not to use DRS if you are near the end of a straight because you will lose down force entering turns. I believe it stays on for 10 seconds?

I'm Baaack, oh wait - I never left, I was just unavailable so I am Aaavailable!! Plan to stream this event and as usual I will start with a couple of minutes left in Qualifying.

Well that race unraveled quickly. Listening to Dave's commentary about my DQ hurt since it didn't show what realllly happened.
Incident 1: Went slightly wide on the second to last turn, caught the curb and shot across to the inside. Miraculously saved it but apparently cross over pit in which gave me a drive through.
Incident 2: Decided to pit for tyres to see if I could get the fastest lap. Ran a tiny bit wide over pit in, touched the grass and earned a drive through. Pondering the penalty, I wasn't even thinking about slowing and sped. Aaaaand DQd

That was fun :thumbsup: BP got me on the last lap for 3rd as I left a little too much room on the inside at the hairpin. He was doing 1:33 laps to my mid 1:35s with a few to go so if he didn't spin again I was dead meat anyway. :p

KO

Well that race unraveled quickly. Listening to Dave's commentary about my DQ hurt since it didn't show what realllly happened.
Incident 1: Went slightly wide on the second to last turn, caught the curb and shot across to the inside. Miraculously saved it but apparently cross over pit in which gave me a drive through.
Incident 2: Decided to pit for tyres to see if I could get the fastest lap. Ran a tiny bit wide over pit in, touched the grass and earned a drive through. Pondering the penalty, I wasn't even thinking about slowing and sped. Aaaaand DQd
So sorry for not quite getting the whole story. The overlays by Scout are amazing but the pit and penalty information does not get shown well and I do a lot of guessing. Scout has an update to his reality overlays though I am not too sure it addresses these issues. The info available by R3E is not total and complete (my opinion) so I don't blame Scout for the pit and penalty issues. It can only get better. I do not program so I am of little help in solving any issues.
Congrats to Bock and the podium winners.

You got a bum deal. I was seriously sweating from the heat you were giving me! You'll get em next time.

So sorry for not quite getting the whole story. The overlays by Scout are amazing but the pit and penalty information does not get shown well and I do a lot of guessing. Scout has an update to his reality overlays though I am not too sure it addresses these issues. The info available by R3E is not total and complete (my opinion) so I don't blame Scout for the pit and penalty issues. It can only get better. I do not program so I am of little help in solving any issues.
Congrats to Bock and the podium winners.
Oh no worries, it didn't show what happened. I started watching the stream right after it kicked me and actually thought it was pretty funny.

Kind of ironic, but on the stream, Powell smacks the wall, and Dave was like "welp there goes Powell's chance at a podium". Proved him wrong didn't ya BP! You are gaining momentum for sure.

Nice race as always David. Bunch of you guys are getting faster. It's tightening up

Fun race. Once again pit preset problem. :( Is only one preset allowed per race? I had 3 presets but could only access the first preset. Which had no fuel, only tires.

Fun race. Once again pit preset problem. :( Is only one preset allowed per race? I had 3 presets but could only access the first preset. Which had no fuel, only tires.
Nope, you can have as many as you'd like. Make sure you have a key command setup to scroll through the pit options, and you have whatever options you want highlighted green before you start the race. By default you can use the arrows on keyboard to scroll through the options in pit board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%