RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to join you on this 1 but unfortunately I don't have much track time in the group 5s and don't currently own this track.

Even if I was to purchase it this evening, I don't have any spare time this week to practice.

Hopefully catch you on the next 1, have fun.

Even if I was to purchase it this evening, I don't have any spare time this week to practice.
If you have the time to spare on race night then there's no reason not to sign up. :) Our club racing is not super-competitive, it's just relaxed fun. Half the time the only real practice I get is right before the race for 15-30 minutes. :p

@hobsey - no matter what practice you can do beforehand, it is never the same as the live sessions on Saturday, where you can pick up time super quick by following someone for a few laps. With the in-session leaderboard that show sector times it will also help you determine where to focus energy. So if the only seat time you can manage is on a Saturday, it is actually the best time!!

By the time practice/quali/warmup is over you'll have had the first 45mins under your belt which is where you'll see the biggest gains occur in terms of car/track combo familiarization.

This event will be live-streamed from my cockpit as usual, in an effort to promote our club and gain new drivers. Voice chat will be cut from the stream and not broadcast. If the stream bothers you then feel free not to sign up.

So I'm going to run a little test event on Wednesday evening to try out some of the new server options, and make sure they work as intended. If all goes well then we'll change this event to a rolling start, as it would go a long way to preventing a grid pile up with these beasts.

It'll only take a few of us to test, but anyone and everyone is free to join just for fun, even if you're not taking part in the event on Saturday. No signup required! ;)

Wednesday 06/01/21
Time:
20:00 UTC
Server Name: RaceDepartment - Testing
Password: The usual

Class: Audi TT RS VLN
Track: Brands Hatch - Indy
Qualy: 5 mins
Race: 3 x 10 mins - Rolling start / Reverse grid

Please make sure that you disable AI control of the cooldown lap in Gameplay options, so that we can test that too!

@Steve Le Gallez @Jopamir @Rick K @PorDallas

Just having a quick go after purchasing the track.

These things are ridiculous to control

Do any of you use driving assist?

Last edited:
I had a feeling someone was going to say something like that.

Got all day Saturday to try different ones out, may have to change at the last minute.

Do any of you use driving assist?
RD servers always use "Get Real" mode anyway, meaning TC/ABS is only available if the real cars have it, and all other assists are disabled. Automatic gears and automatic pit control are still available, though the latter is of no use in sprint races.

Driving these things needs decent technique and a light foot. Also, try messing with the new engine braking setting. It can really help keep the car stable as you go down through gears under braking. You could even consider using a lower engine map if you're lighting up the rears too much, though it will slow you down overall.

Don't worry about it too much though. Few of us are experts in these cars. I don't expect to finish either of the races without spinning at least once or twice. ;)

I've just read a post on the S3 forums claiming that the Fabcar may be experiencing a bug, which one of their beta testers thinks is correct. I didn't notice anything in particular when I drove it, but it's hard to tell in cars that are so easy to lose! Anyway, it might explain why you're having trouble with it @ko41. Might be an idea to switch, just in case.

The Fabcar is fine!

Source

I seriously can't even drive it because any time I hit the brakes it feels like the wheels just go completely tractionless and don't regain it until after I've spun out. It happens when braking in a straight line. I'm using ABS so it's not possible that my wheels are locking up.

Last edited:
I've just read a post on the S3 forums claiming that the Fabcar may be experiencing a bug, which one of their beta testers thinks is correct. I didn't notice anything in particular when I drove it, but it's hard to tell in cars that are so easy to lose! Anyway, it might explain why you're having trouble with it @ko41. Might be an idea to switch, just in case.

Source
I didn't notice that it was worse than any of the others with the exception of the BMW. With the Corvette I would crash and burn before I even got to the last turn to start a lap on the Leaderboards. Is there an orange BMW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%