RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone try the LMP2's yet? On the leaderboards the fastest time was by the DP but it is a handling pig compared to the other ones. I am concentrating on the second LMP2 (Mistral?) but I am having issues with the downshifts causing the car to over rotate, (this is present in all the LMP2's BTW). I have tried reducing the pre-load but it does not seem to help much.

The only thing that seems to help it to approach the corners so slow that it really effects the lap time.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I blip the throttle. Works well

tenor.gif

Here is a couple of setups that could probably do with a bit more work but they are fastest in their class ish. Well as it stands for the moment anyway. But I do believe they are the slowest amongst the others.
I do believe both cars and have a little bit more to give the Koenigsegg more so.
As I do believe these are the slower cars of the batch, in general, I'm going to move on to the faster cars. No point in wasting time right...:roflmao:
But in saying that they may be slower but they are more consistent and somewhat stabler.

More to follow, hopefully.

P.s. Don't forget these are leaderboard setups and alterations will have to be made for racing conditions. These changes are front and rear toe and front and rear wheel camber. Also, server conditions and leaderboard conditions are different don't know why but they are.
The toes and the cambers nine-tenths of the time need to be lowered a little to preserve the tires. Don't want to be running out of rubber.

The car will behave differently from the two different environments leaderboard and server conditions. My usual fix for this is either lowering as a group or raising as a group bump and rebound. For instance, raising everything two clicks or lowering everything two clicks. To me, this makes the biggest difference between the two environments.

Attachments

• KOENIGSEGG CCGT SPA LB.svm
    6.7 KB · Views: 68
  • RUF CTR3 SPA LB 2.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Anyone try the LMP2's yet? On the leaderboards the fastest time was by the DP but it is a handling pig compared to the other ones. I am concentrating on the second LMP2 (Mistral?) but I am having issues with the downshifts causing the car to over rotate, (this is present in all the LMP2's BTW). I have tried reducing the pre-load but it does not seem to help much.

The only thing that seems to help it to approach the corners so slow that it really effects the lap time.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Any luck with the down shifting issue?

Add rear wing and do all your downshifts while the car is going straight. I remember the P2 cars in rFactor bieng a lot more stable than these Raceroom cars? Also you might have to bias towards the front more if your opting for a low downforce setup?

Thanks. I think the wing setting I have is gonna have to do because Kemmel will demand a higher speed. I tried with a higher wing setting ( I was at 7, went to 9) but even with the gains in the twisties I was still stomped on by my ghost.

And yes, the rFactor2 P2's are more stable. I could toss those things around like nobody's business.

Any luck with the down shifting issue?

Unfortunately, yesterday I pulled a 14 hour shift at work (I had to roll out a new safety training program) and after a 3 hour drive home in SoCal traffic (75 miles, most on streets due to 3 TC's on the eastbound 91), I got home 15 minutes before I had to go to bed. I get off early today and will spend a significant amount of time practicing.

I gotta beat those other guys!

Reactions: DND
I did not even think about that. It may work but I will have to change to my stick-mounted sequential as I am not coordinated enough to do the blip with the paddles. I will test tonight!
Yea it’s a trick I use in iracing to get some of the sequential cars to shift earlier. Once you start doing it, the shifts get easier.

Yea it’s a trick I use in iracing to get some of the sequential cars to shift earlier. Once you start doing it, the shifts get easier.

I have done it before, a lot, and am pretty good at it, ( If I were being honest I would tell you that is how I did the shifting in our Group 5 race and the Formula Rookie race...;)...But honesty is not always the best policy..:rolleyes:).

Here's another. The Gumpert Apollo drives well sounds fantastic. And I think it's naturally faster than the other two Koenigsegg, Ruff.
And I'm guessing not as quick as the Ford GT, Saleen. But it's not necessarily the first car will get you the win but it can certainly give you more problems with consistency perhaps.

Attachments

• GUMPERT APOLLO SPORT SPA GP LB.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 66
I'd like to participate, just haven't decided on which car yet.
Soooo slooooow in the GTR3 C7, hopping and skipping around corners in the Porch Cup and looping the P2s in La Source or Chicane. :confused:

KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years