RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh great... Now I got to reconfigure my on wheel buttons again. Not that I will have the chance to use P2P. I'm not getting along with the car or the track, so I will probably be the passed, rather than the passer.

Maybe I can map a push to yield button? :redface:

The whole "accurate FOV" is giving me little to no visual references, and if I go wider with the FOV, then I have more difficulty placing the car. :cry:
Seems as though you start with 10 P2P pushes. You can use it more than once per lap. Each boost last 10 seconds. You don't have to hold it down like they do in a real indy car.

So I think I found the key to success with car setup on this track. You will have to mess with it to suit your driving style, but, it's all about having the lowest wing possible. You have to make up for loss of traction by tweaking diff, and toe/camber/spring rates & arb. This will get some mechanical grip back in it. And gearing is a big part of it. On a lot of sections, where you would normally have to shift up a gear, I have mine so it can pull one gear through. I had the Fabcar like that as well. Hope this helps!

edit: Most of you guys will benefit from default setup, and maybe a little gearing change. The more you drive the car the faster it will get. I actually clicked off a pretty decent lap using 100% default. I just don't see the default setup getting you over the top crazy times.

Oh great... Now I got to reconfigure my on wheel buttons again. Not that I will have the chance to use P2P. I'm not getting along with the car or the track, so I will probably be the passed, rather than the passer.

Maybe I can map a push to yield button? :redface:

The whole "accurate FOV" is giving me little to no visual references, and if I go wider with the FOV, then I have more difficulty placing the car. :cry:
20190815180611_1.jpg
My FOV

I had no idea you could move and resize the hud like that. I always thought you just had to turn on the wheel if you wanted to see the info on the indycars. NEAT.
That is kind of new. Few updates ago. Default key is M to access cursor to grab (right click) and resize (left click).

Well then, maybe I'll be within ten seconds of your lap time. ;)

You may be closer than you think. I spent some time on the course last night and at no time did the car feel comfortable. I went with less wing and it was very nervous. I went with more wing and actually ran faster times but I got to a point where I just hit a wall in my times. I may need to just practice more.

You may be closer than you think. I spent some time on the course last night and at no time did the car feel comfortable. I went with less wing and it was very nervous. I went with more wing and actually ran faster times but I got to a point where I just hit a wall in my times. I may need to just practice more.
I spent some time yesterday testing gearing changes with none better than default. Overall I'm happy with the default setup. I noticed two options for tires in pit preset - what is an alternative tire, rain maybe?
Drifting corners with these open wheelers is a blast.

Like Greg and Mitchell experienced. Default setup is pretty quick, but you will hit a wall. For most of you just practice practice practice. Once you are really comfortable start pulling wing!

Something else to keep in mind. Strategy will be huge, and setup will play apart. Your biggest opportunities to pass will be on the oval. So my thinking is that if you can keep a tight line through the road course on a “ loose low wing” setup you will benefit greatly once you get out in the open. Food for thought.

I spent some time yesterday testing gearing changes with none better than default. Overall I'm happy with the default setup. I noticed two options for tires in pit preset - what is an alternative tire, rain maybe?
Alternate are the reds (soft). Primary are the whites (hard). When you race the AI, they are forced to use both tire choices. Guess Sector3 figured anybody using this car would want that as a race rule since Indy races are that way.

My practice times have me 44th on the leaderboards. Not bad considering that I strongly dislike this car. I'm noticing there is a rhythm to the track, and later in my practice I was feeling my way around the track, which is a feat, because I dont think the car is telling me much of anything. For me, lowering the FFB below clipping, gives me a very numb wheel. The only thing I feel is when I go off or go over a rumble strip.

Sector 1 is easier to get, but I am inconsistent on Sectors 2 & 3. I don't see where I would be running into any of the walls though. I guess I am not going fast enough. More practice is needed.

Look to stevem's explanation for the "alternate" tires.

I did make a change in the gear box though and you may want to do the same. I found that with the default my fastest speed was about 175 MPH and I was at rev limit. I dropped the gearing down two steps and am at 180-185 (depending on my exit) and still have room at the end of the straight. Why? P2P. You will need those extra revs when you hit the OMG! button. No extra revs, no more speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 237 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%