EU Group 5 @ Laguna Seca - Sun 20 Jan 2019

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Group 5.jpg

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)

Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We also recommend the use of an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com EU Sun
Cars: Group 5
Track: Laguna Seca

Sunday 20/01/19
Practice:
20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:45 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:50 UTC (20 minutes)

Warmup 2: 21:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:15 UTC (20 minutes)

Entry List
- 32 slots
  1. Ross Garland (Ask me anything in TeamSpeak)
  2. Steve Le Gallez
  3. Mike McGeer
  4. FeltHat
  5. PurgerUK
  6. kamackeris
  7. KKJUN
  8. Calvyn White
  9. Magnus Stjerneby
  10. Martin Fiala
  11. Anders Nilsson
  12. Jopamir
  13. Stephen O'Sullivan
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot

Reserves please stay off of the server when official practice starts. Staff will let you know via TeamSpeak if and when you can enter.

Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve

UTP#28

Last edited:
Reactions: Calvyn White

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
I might actually try driving something other than the Capri for a change. :p I seem to be doing well in new cars since I got back to racing. That's assuming my router and VR hold up of course... :unsure:

MetalRush

Old fart picking up simracing... please make way!
Jul 26, 2015
I'd love to join some day... but my experience is overthrown by a five year old, who cannot even reach the pedals... I'm a road hazard from my living room...
When are the lessons for R3E starting (again)? (I read something about that on the forum).
Also need some advise(s) on tuning (a) car(s).
Where do I start? Or who is willing to help an old sod?

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
When are the lessons for R3E starting (again)?
That's the driver academy. :) They run periodically in various sims, and are hosted by Bram. There probably won't be one for a few weeks as he is currently running the Mini league. Perhaps when that's finished.

Also need some advise(s) on tuning (a) car(s).
A tip... forget about tuning and setups for now. Concentrate on getting your driving abilities up to scratch first. Setups are more of an "next level" thing to extract the last few tenths out of your car, not something that is integral to a rookie. The default setups in R3E are ok, so work with them for now.

Where do I start? Or who is willing to help an old sod?
All of us. All you need to do is join one of our club races! Don't worry about your ability levels. The clubs are here for learning, not competition, and are full of people that will happily help you with tips and advice on how to improve. :thumbsup:

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
Not driven these cars very often so I thought I'd take them out for a spin. Everything was fine right up to the point of the Greenwood. I'm not saying this car is broken but I am saying it has absolutely no interest in going around the track the only interest that this car has is to kill me. Has no interest in going in the direction that you need to go. Front end feels like it's driving on a dry track the rear thinks it's on a wet one. Does anybody know if this car is good for drifting.? Well I had a go on it I can't say it's the ideal car for this track or any for that matter. But it's fun and it's funny certainly made my eyes water. Extremely fast car but your tend to slow it down buy constantly fighting with the thing to keep it on the track.:confused:
Well if I have time to join the event I will not be picking this car and for those who do you got big balls. But don't expect to be towed out of the gravel.:laugh:
I'm just going to go off and make a quick set up for it and I use the word quick loosely as I may be gone for some time.:O_o:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jopamir and Goffik

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
BMW 320 Turbo.
Probably one of the tamest cars of the bunch what can be a little naughty now and again.

Don't worry about using top gear but use first. Down to first gear into turn 2 watch out for a little snap over steer exiting probably best short shift to 2nd gear, if need be. Up up to 3rd gear briefly 4th back down to 3rd watch out for oversteer exiting corner 3. Up to 4th and then very very gently on the breaks down the third make sure you got the apex and if you do floor it. Plenty of time to be made out of turn 4. Down to gears 3rd into turn 5 keep it tight to the apex get the power on as soon as you can. Down 2 gears for turn 6, 2 gears will help you to get around the corner.( you can go down 1 gear but you may go wide or be slower up the hill.) Down 3 gears for the corkscrew (1st) be very gentle on the brakes approaching the top of the hill as the car goes light and will lock up so be gentle. The long left turn down the hill from the corkscrew you have a choice of two gears either one I think it's just as fast as the other. Stay to the right as long as you can until you know you can swoop in onto left side apex then over to the right. Down one gear for the last right hander keep tight to the apex time could be made here. Down to the left on to the straight in first gear keep it tight to the apex and you will be able to nail it to the floor a lot earlier than you think, even if you hit the curb a little. In fact most of the apex curbs will help you around the corner a little but don't push your luck, test.
Hope this makes sense.:whistling::)

Attachments

Last edited:

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
Have you tried the Capri yet Calv? It's quite popular as it feels somewhat "tame" (I use that term very loosely!) compared to most of the others. Or at least, it's the easiest to catch when the back end starts to go...

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
Have you tried the Capri yet Calv? It's quite popular as it feels somewhat "tame" (I use that term very loosely!) compared to most of the others. Or at least, it's the easiest to catch when the back end starts to go...
I have an it is the one I've managed to get my fastest time. I suppose if I think about it they're probably on par with each other. I do think the beamer is a little slower as a little more effort has to be made in order to get it to go as fast. But that could be due to the setup.

Last edited:

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
Fabcar 935.
Can be a little bit unpredictable when you least expect it.

Use all the gears and thrash them. Pretty much the same as the beamer so I won't bore you with all that again. But it doesn't like the curbs as much.
I do think the car has more potential but I have not got time for any further work on this car.:(

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: BBKing212

Calvyn White

Calv Killmore
Premium
Jan 21, 2017
that greenwood setup gonna happen? :p
Not buy me if you're asking. Maybe if I had another week or so.( month) But let's face it the car is frigging ridiculous. Admittedly the front end has the slightest hint of sanity but as for the back-end is bats$%t crazy. I don't know if these cars are real and I don't know if real drivers have ever driven them and lived to see the finish line. It's like the car has been made deliberately to handle really really really bad. I mean to say if you wanted somebody dead buy them one of these.:roflmao: