RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry guys, but I just don't have the motivation to set up all my gear for this tonight. Tried controller and failed miserably so I'm signing myself out.

• Sad
Reactions: DND
Hope I don't regret this :x3: switch me to the #53 Porsche please.
poorshgt53.jpg

I’m in with the 911. I love how it drives. It’s all about managing boost. My setup won’t help anyone looking to tame it down so.... yea

• Love
Sorry that I again won't be able to join you. Dang Holidays getting in the way again. Have fun with that lovely Porsche although the Pro Car is certainly faster around this course. Good Luck to all and to all a good night!

Has anybody come across a setup that makes the Porsche a little less of a chore to drive?
I don't know if I am able to make the Porsche less of a chore to drive but I put in a few hot laps with it and with some changes was able to climb up the leaderboard.

I then went back into the procar. I was able to get better times, based on the line I developed with the Porsche, but I found the Procar was nowhere near as responsive as the Porsche. I could get the Porsche to rotate far easier than I could get the Procar to rotate and was able to get on the gas faster with the Porsche.

The biggest problem with the Porsche is keeping the boost up. In the real twisty section, coming down the hill into the right sweeper I would drop down to second and keep it there until I hit the short downhill. I would get up to fourth just before the 90 left uphill and downshift just prior to entry while flicking the wheel to the left. This gave me the rotation I needed to get a short slide going so I could get pointed in the right direction and then stomp the go fast. I would stay in third through the two left sweeper, swinging the rear out a bit, and by the time I entered the right for the long downhill I would be in fourth.

Doing it that way I was able to take more than a second off my time.

Unfortunately, it does not work as well in the Procar, though I turn faster laps in the Procar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%