RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was @David DeGreef that I hit :redface:, but it was @2112 . Whew, now I don't feel so bad.
;)

Sorry about that Greg.

@BP is a tough one to pass, it was fruitless frustrating fun trying.
KO
This is how my race went:

Qualifying, not bad but not great. I know I can get more time outta this!

Race start: Ok...I did not lose a place on the start, now I just gotta keep KO and Powell in sight...Yeah, I can do this...just take it*...

WHOA! WTF! KO AND POWELL COLLIDED AND I SLIPPED THROUGH THE GAP! I AM LEADING!

Keep it together, you are faster in some places while they are faster in others, just run your race and *...

WTF! WHO HIT ME?!?! WAIT...THAT IS AN ORANGE CAR, NOT EVEN THE RED PUMA OF DEGREEF, WHERE THE HELL DID HE COME FROM?!?!

Yep..spinning...spinning...on astroturf...still spinning...gather, gather, gather...now I am in last place...

From there it was an adventure in snap oversteer and getting intimate with a few walls.

Fourth is not too bad...I guess...

I did set fastest lap at one point, though, and about a second faster than my quali time.

Awesome race. Except for me getting too happy on the excitement pedal a couple of times, I did pretty well. Then there was the bone headed mistake I made in the pits. I took only 2 front tires. Towards the end of the race I was a sitting duck, and @brcwas just chipping away at the distance between us. I was afraid to push too hard and spin or worse, but I had no choice.

Still though, the FR2 wasn't horrible. Granted it took taking the down force to 14 clicks up front and out back, but the car mostly did what I wanted. I just never felt confident with the hairpin and the chicane. Everywhere else, it was compliant and easy to handle. Most of the other formula cars are too finicky for my tastes... Ok, except the FR90s.

Ok the latest update fixed the broken multiplayer in Spectator mode, previous update. Now loads normally and multiplayer is fine. Looking forward to my next opportunity to stream.

and just when I finally take home a win too...that's my luck for ya :roflmao: Hopefully we'll see you up and running again next week :thumbsup:

@BP is a tough one to pass, it was fruitless frustrating fun trying.
KO

Thanks, I do aim to frustrate :D...both you and @David DeGreef kept me on my toes the whole race...just disappointed that I lost focus at the last chicane and braked too late which lost me some time to DeGreef, but luckily a few good laps and a fast pit stop got me out just ahead of him going into T1, that was an intense race to that corner! From there to the end, every time I tried to ease up these guys would be right back in my mirrors again, but it was lots of fun...Suzuka is one of my all time favorite tracks, it's a shame it doesn't come up often in most RD events.

Reactions: DND
Noob here and I'd like to jump in. Started way back with GP Legends and have been dabbling more recently with ACC and Raceroom. I'll stay out of the way and try to learn from you guys (if I can keep you in sight).
Welcome to the club Scott, I think you will find a wide range of skill level here to be sure to have some good racing. If you haven't already click on a few of the links in OP to get acclimated to TeamSpeak, Crew Chief, Tips and Setups and a video on club rules.
If you have any questions post them here as we all work together in making this club succeed. Again welcome and have fun.

I can't seem to get a grip on those Porches so I will probably be in the #77 BMW M1 Procar
Well, that's a bit of a relief. Maybe it's not just me. I was really struggling with the Porsche and jumped into the M1 and it was so much easier to drive. Part of me wants to stick with the Porsche for the challenge (like I'm not challenged enough as it is).

Regrettably, Lady Porsche and I are not on speaking terms at the moment after our falling out at Salzburgring, so I shall be attending this festive gathering on foreign soil with my mistress instead...with a deep fascination for all things french, 84 is her preferred number of choice...however, you may refer to her as simply "the other German" ;)

I can't seem to get a grip on those Porches so I will probably be in the #77 BMW M1 Procar
I started off testing the Procar and when I got a reasonable time I decided to jump into the Porsche. I looked at the leaderboard and saw that both yours and Davids time was six seconds slower than my time in the Procar. I went back to the Procar and practiced some more.

I may test the Porsche just for gits and shiggles but I think this race is gonna be heavy on Procars.

I may test the Porsche just for gits and shiggles but I think this race is gonna be heavy on Procars.
Yeah the M1 is really no comparison to the Porsche in driveability and lap time as difficult as both are to drive the Porsche makes you feel like your working that much harder. To keep the field somewhat balanced I will switch to the Porsche.

The Porsche is a hand full. The best I've ran so far is a 1:40 in practice. At no point did I feel comfortable with the car. I'm sticking with it, but this is going to be one rough race.

Reactions: DND
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline