US Group 4 / BMW M1 Procar @ Sachsenring - Tue Dec 10 2019

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
R3E_US_club.jpg

Welcome to the Americas R3E racing club where all skill levels are welcomed and encouraged to participate for a relaxed and friendly racing atmosphere.

We support good hard racing and just ask you to respect track limits, basic racing etiquette and most importantly, each other. Check out this short video explaining club rules.

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if no one has the answer, I will get one before the next event.

Looking for tips on setting up for a Pit Stop, Glossary of FFB Terms, TS Notifier or other How To's for R3E check out the great resources here.

Or maybe you like to use a setup from one of our talented members, browse the setups here.

Racing Club Rules: Click here
Server and Teamspeak Password: Click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: Click here
Incident Reporting: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on TeamSpeak, and that you use an app called Crew Chief. It gives you an audio spotter that tells you when cars are alongside, greatly increasing your awareness and reducing unnecessary incidents. You can download it here.

Server Name:
RaceDepartment.com US Tues
Cars: Group 4 / BMW M1 Procar
Track: Sachsenring

Tuesday 12/10/2019
Practice:
21:00 ET (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 21:30 ET (15 minutes)

Warmup : 21:45 ET (5 minutes)
Race : 21:50 ET (40 minutes) - Mandatory pit stop (minimum of two tires)

Entry List - 30 slots
  1. David DeGreef G4 #62
  2. stevem G4
  3. 2112 M1
  4. Wilko Jones G4 #54
  5. Scott_H M1 #110
  6. Tennracer M1 #90
  7. ko41 G4 #53
  8. BP M1 #84
  9. SPC15 M1 #10
  10. sc4dr G4
  11. Jean Jacques Martin
  12. emarchena
  13. Open
  14. Open
  15. Open
  16. Open
  17. Open
  18. Open
  19. Open
  20. Open
  21. Open
  22. Open
Reserve list
  1. Reserve
  2. Reserve
UTP# 30

Server is OPEN for practice
Please note that server will be reset on race day approximately 2-1/2 hours prior to start time.

Last edited:

Scott_H

25RPM
Premium
Aug 23, 2018
Noob here and I'd like to jump in. Started way back with GP Legends and have been dabbling more recently with ACC and Raceroom. I'll stay out of the way and try to learn from you guys (if I can keep you in sight).

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
Noob here and I'd like to jump in. Started way back with GP Legends and have been dabbling more recently with ACC and Raceroom. I'll stay out of the way and try to learn from you guys (if I can keep you in sight).
Welcome to the club Scott, I think you will find a wide range of skill level here to be sure to have some good racing. If you haven't already click on a few of the links in OP to get acclimated to TeamSpeak, Crew Chief, Tips and Setups and a video on club rules.
If you have any questions post them here as we all work together in making this club succeed. Again welcome and have fun.

Reactions: Scott_H

Scott_H

25RPM
Premium
Aug 23, 2018
I can't seem to get a grip on those Porches so I will probably be in the #77 BMW M1 Procar
Well, that's a bit of a relief. Maybe it's not just me. I was really struggling with the Porsche and jumped into the M1 and it was so much easier to drive. Part of me wants to stick with the Porsche for the challenge (like I'm not challenged enough as it is).

BP

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 1, 2016
Regrettably, Lady Porsche and I are not on speaking terms at the moment after our falling out at Salzburgring, so I shall be attending this festive gathering on foreign soil with my mistress instead...with a deep fascination for all things french, 84 is her preferred number of choice...however, you may refer to her as simply "the other German" ;)

250RPM
Premium
Oct 6, 2016
I can't seem to get a grip on those Porches so I will probably be in the #77 BMW M1 Procar
I started off testing the Procar and when I got a reasonable time I decided to jump into the Porsche. I looked at the leaderboard and saw that both yours and Davids time was six seconds slower than my time in the Procar. I went back to the Procar and practiced some more.

I may test the Porsche just for gits and shiggles but I think this race is gonna be heavy on Procars.

David DeGreef

R3E Racing Club Host US
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
I may test the Porsche just for gits and shiggles but I think this race is gonna be heavy on Procars.
Yeah the M1 is really no comparison to the Porsche in driveability and lap time as difficult as both are to drive the Porsche makes you feel like your working that much harder. To keep the field somewhat balanced I will switch to the Porsche.

Wilko Jones

100RPM
Premium
Oct 17, 2017
The Porsche is a hand full. The best I've ran so far is a 1:40 in practice. At no point did I feel comfortable with the car. I'm sticking with it, but this is going to be one rough race.

Reactions: David DeGreef

ko41

100RPM
Premium
Mar 5, 2018
Has anybody come across a setup that makes the Porsche a little less of a chore to drive?