Grosjean Awarded 3-Place Grid Penalty for Monaco

Im afraid a grid penalty does not solve the problem. Grosjean denied that he did something wrong and he certainly did not expected any penalties, so he said in a interview:rolleyes:

it seems while i was watching ads this happened too
https://twitter.com/F1/status/995751894835343361
daniel went for a spin under VSC :D

also some of the f1 teams twitter account having their own race during the race lol
screen643.jpg

screen644.jpg

screen645.jpg

The footage sitting by himself on the "naughty step" was just so comical.

Grosjean
Romain's, at nil pwa... (lol)

Last edited:
Basic stuff really, that is learnt by all, at the beginning of there driving career...I guess speed alone has got him a seat? ..but basically he should not be anywhere near an F1 car....why are the Team even allowing him to continue??

Last edited:
Because when he finally DOES get his act together, he's fairly quick. Right now he's crap, his selfesteem is crap, his reputation is in tathers and to top it all off, Magnussen is performing better than ever.
But I do agree with the vast majority here, if this continues, Haas will be forced to look elsewhere. The last time a Haas driver scored 0 points he got the boot - Gutierrez.

I actually love the guy, he seems nice and... how would I put it... tender, I guess. :x3:
He better pick up his pace, the replacements are always just around the corner in F1.
Lewis did, so can he, I'm sure.

It looks like he has issues when he has a competitive car. With an underperforming Haas he did not have moments like this one and now we see a repeat of the Lotus years. He seems unable to cope with the pressure, which is a pity because he is fast. So far Magnussen and him have been making a mess of a season that could be great for Haas.

Hopefully the penalty will have the same effect as Magnussen's: a clean race at last.

I can't really understand why he full throttle when he know there are like 10 cars coming and he want to spin the car into the track... meaby someone can open my mind on this, but this action is seriusly horrorific to see in f1

I expect he thought he could doughnut out of it, wide, on the far side of the track and carry on. Whatever his thoughts, it was a reckless decision. Deserved penalty for Monaco.

Almost as bad as Grosjean's move is the team boss Gunther Steiner defending his drivers even in obviously stupid and dangerous situations like this. Ok, Grosjean's inability even after the fact to recognize how bad this was and his refusal to apologize ranks slightly ahead of that, though it's probably fueled by how Steiner defends him.

Unfortunately for Grosjean, I think he could doing better and his career continuing to progress if he had a team manager that wasn't on his side so much. I don't think Grosjean is having a problem with the pressure, I think he isn't getting the right kind of pressure and coaching

I guess it's sometimes too easy to be over-critical of these drivers from the safety of our sim-seats -- so he lost control, and maybe it could have happened to anyone out there.
Certainly nothing new to see a driver spin in F1.

I guess it's sometimes too easy to be over-critical of these drivers from the safety of our sim-seats -- so he lost control, and maybe it could have happened to anyone out there.
Certainly nothing new to see a driver spin in F1.

The spin in itself is not that bad I agree. The real trouble is that its one of many mistakes this season. But Other than that Im with you - ppl are very critical and talk like hes generally a very bad driver and always has been. If he was a bad driver he wouldnt have lasted so many years in F1. The first season he had with haas was more than approved. But of course everone Can see hes having a bad time at the moment and need to turn things around sooner than later.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back