Grippy gloves for leather rims?

Do you know if the Sparco Hypergrip gloves have good grip on leather steering wheels? Any other gloves for sim-racing recommended in this sense? Or any models for karting? I have seen many models which claim to be grippy but then I see that the palm is just like suede material, which is good for suede rims, but slippery like butter on leather. I think that only some specific types of leather or some kind of plastic or rubber materials are good to get grip with leather rims.

Even though my response is a bit belated, I'd love to share my experience too. I've used the Sparco Hypergrip gloves on leather wheels, and they've held up pretty well for me. Also, I've experimented with various glove types, even those with silicone inserts. However, recently saw this article: https://vonbaer.com/blogs/blog/what-is-vegetable-tanned-leather-how-is-it-made. And it got me curious, so I decided to give good-quality leather gloves a shot. They've surprisingly amped up my driving comfort big time. The feel and fit are just spot on!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm currently using the Sparco Arrow K with silicon inserts on the palms and external seams. They look and feel great. The grip is very good, specially during the first weeks of use. Now, after one year, some of the silicon inserts on the palms are almost gone. One drawback is that these gloves tend to generate some kind of very small pieces of black rubber, almost like dust. It happened to me for several months and I had to use a air blower on my cockpit after driving.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing