Grip Transition With FF

Hi guys. Just a general enquiry about FF settings.

Problem... GTR1 has both Lat/Long values the same in their tires, what this means is that there is a smooth transition in the tire slip when cornering between lateral grip and Longitudinal grip. GTR2 tires have the usual convention of differences between the Lat/Long values.

The car used is the Porsche -no matter NGT or GT. The result is that i could not get rid of the steering wheel spikes when cornering where the tire slip transitions between Lateral grip and Longitudinal grip.

Solution... According to general consensus, the FFB steer force average weight="0.30000" gets rid of these spikes when driving Porsche, but i found that to get rid of the spikes I've had to change the FFB steer force average weight="0.12500". This has allowed the smooth transition of Lat/Long grip,

The question is, by what degree does the latency effect the steering, bearing in mind that modern FF wheels (i have a Logitech G29), are better now than what was available when GTR2 was released.

Regards

Barry

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, exactly. Is this how fast wheel weight decreases when you lose grip (eg. lateral slide after corner entry) ?

If that's what it is, I use Grip Weigh to manage that and I go very low:

FFB steer force grip weight="0.10474" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force grip factor="1.00000" // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.2 to 0.6. How much of a

I've included Grip Factor as Grip Weight is tuned in sync with that value otherwise it probably won't feel right.

Sorry if this is some other spikiness. I'm not sure I've felt other spikiness before.

My Steer Force Average Weight is:

FFB steer force average weight="1.00000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.

Hi. Brno 1st corner or Enna after the shumacher chicane are good examples of what i'm trying to say. With a Porsche, the 'spikes' in the steering are very apparent, the 'spikes are more abrupt in GTR2 having different Lat/Long values than with GTR1 tires which have the same values. With GTR1 the FFB steer force average weight="0.30000" gets rid of these spikes. However, a lower FFB steer force average weight="0.12500" is necessary to eliminate the spikes with GTR2.

Regards

Barry

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%