MGP17 Grip level for each track

I noticed that Milestone boys didn't worry about adding a parameter of grip level for each track, that grip level is at DATA/RACE/WEATHERS.BML if I'm not mistaken... so, is there a way to introduce a WEATHERS.BML for each track?

I noticed that Milestone boys didn't worry about adding a parameter of grip level for each track, that grip level is at DATA/RACE/WEATHERS.BML if I'm not mistaken... so, is there a way to introduce a WEATHERS.BML for each track?
Yeah the game really lacks variables. Variables lead to customization and a more accurate representation of reality. I think grip variables could have been introduced easily into this engine.

The first UE game of MotoGP won't be more realistic than MotoGP 17 in my opinion. The moving to a new engine will result in sacrificing the deepness of the old engine

I found a working tweak for the AI speed for each track.
ex: Losail
go to DATA\TRACKS\LOSAIL\OPTIMIZATION.BML
open it
def.jpg

keep just one "sector" for each category (moto3, moto2, twostrokes500, twostrokes250, twostrokes125)
copy one of those "sector" and rename it "MOTOGP"
put into the "start" 0 and into "end" the value of the whole track lenght in m (5380m)
edit.jpg

try different grip levels. I just tried with 0.01 and it works for the AI

Cheers ;)

I'm having nightmares with OPTIMIZATION.BML :sick: It is supposed to optimize the AI pace within sectors but I've done A LOT of testing with that file and AI times are exactly the same every single race despite of going faster or slower... unless you get disqualified and they suddenly improve their times by 5 seconds, it's ridiculous.

The best solution I've found for now is to edit the Race Performance values inside the SkillsCatalog.bml for every rider and every track (adding all tracks as "Favourite Tracks" for everyone).

Best Race Performance must be 1. If you use 1.1 they go wide and all over the place.

There's also another way, you can change AI tyres grip or player's one (LongitudinalGrip and SideGrip) in DATA/PHYSICS/TYRES. A 0,05 increase/decrease in grip results in 1 second less/more per lap respectively.

some thoughts....

Im not quite sure grip in reality is same thing as grip in the game.

I cant remember which value i once tweaked related with grip, but it was not in the optimization file.

apparently i increased the ai to have more grip (thats what the value intuitively said anyway), but this produced more friction and in curves they started skidding out of the curve, on startup everything seemed normal (i recall)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back