GRID | Update 1.1 Now Available

Codemasters have released a new update for their latest arcade racing adventure - GRID. Version 1.1 comes complete with a number of fixes and improvements for the console and PC racer.

With GRID having gone on public sale to much fanfare back in September, Codemasters have remained hard at work over the following weeks looking to address some of the issues reported by the community, and the latest build release is a solid testament to the hard work the British studio have put into the title in order to bring this new update to both console and PC platforms.

Although still containing a few bugs and issues that always follow new game releases, the latest version of GRID is a rather solid platform indeed - as is to be expected for one of the most well regarded and highest profile arcade racing games of the last few years.

Grid V1.1 Update 1.jpg

With Codemasters still looking to maintain a development push during these first weeks and months of release, build 1.1 represents a nice review of some of the outstanding issues across all platforms, especially PC, and address many of the more noticeable issues already reported within the game.

You can check out the full update notes below.

Update 1.1 Notes:

General:

• Resolved multiple general text issues
  • Fixed issue of screen cutting to black after selecting a vehicle from the relevant screen
  • The volume of in-race commentary is now reduced at the starting line
  • Fixed several public PC crashes
  • PC: cursors will now disappear when using a controller or wheel
  • Fixed the ‘softlock’ state during the auto-save screen if players switch profile during Free Play
Multiplayer:
  • Quick Match: all players can now experience terminal damage in races
  • Fixed issue in multiplayer for human players starting slower than AI drivers in Time Attack
  • Private Match: fixed issue for informing a player that they are the new lobby host
  • Fixed issue stopping more than 6 players being able to get into a Quick Match session
  • Fixed issue where players can become desynced from each other
  • Resolved issue of crashes when players quit out of Spectate after re-joining a session
  • Fixed issues causing crashes when finishing a Multiplayer event
Gameplay:
  • Fixed issue of race not starting if rolling start is enabled and the player has entered into a Hot Lap Qualifying session beforehand
  • Fixed the ‘out of world’ issue on the Okutama Sprint routes
  • Flashback: cars will no longer veer left or right immediately after using a Flashback following a collision
  • Fixed flickering during gameplay with ultra-settings and 4K display
  • Fixed Flashback issue altering a player’s fastest lap time
  • Fixed Accolades issue where you could only complete certain Milestones in a single race
Grid V1.1 Update 2.jpg

For more news from the world of the latest GRID game, head over to the GRID sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and get yourself interacting with your fellow GRID fans!

RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief, occasional YouTuber, commentator and broadcaster, with a passion for motorsport on both the real and virtual racetrack.
Reactions: Raffi_M

melanieuk

250RPM
Yes Grid 2019 must be their worst release ever, children are on their school holiday break and currently 56 people are playing it. :coffee:

Paul Glover

RaceDepartment Social Media Manager & Podcast Host
Staff
Premium
Yes Grid 2019 must be their worst release ever, children are on their school holiday break and currently 56 people are playing it. :coffee:
PC users yeah? Suspect there will be many more console players

Surprised player numbers are low, even if only on PC. Lots of good feedback / reviews from what I've seen. Tempted to get it on PC myself, rather than PS4...

Ruy Horta

100RPM
Dirt Showdown?

It is not that Grid is bad, it is just a mediocre game compared to its heritage.
Also it is fish nor fowl, neither enough arcade nor enough sim.

Imo the best balance was the original 2008 title, Grid 2 with hind sight was the best action, Autosport tries to be the most serious, but without modding the FFB I just hate the feel.

RufGTI

250RPM
The problem about this game is that you can reach the final five championships after just finishing less than half of the normal ones. After these you get a bunch of Ravenwest liveries and can select Nathan McKane as your teammate, which is cool - but then the whole motivation to play is gone. Also, you got less locations than in the first Grid, I'm sick of driving Sydney Motorsport Park and Brands Hatch in reverse.

GP20

250RPM
Nice graphics, tracks look really good (and cars too).

I like to drive brands hatch and silverstone in reverse. I would like to see that in all racing games.

With a good ffb and less foolish IA it could play in the simracing garden.

RKip455

Attack Life, its going to Kill you Anyway!
Premium
Did they say this game will have VR? Just curious.
Just imagine if this was VR with D.R. FFB nd physics.... at least for me it would be spectacular!
  • Awesome Cars/Cae Models
  • Decent Audio
  • Cool tracks (not sure why folks always insist or real tracks... these are good IMHO)
  • Good Gameplay
Too bad the FFB is crap.... not even as good as F1 2017

Top Bottom