Grid Finder reaches 1000 leagues - Partnership with RD & Simracing.gp in the works

VernWozza

Staff
Premium
Article Thumb.jpg

Grid Finder grows to 1000 leagues…

Sim Racing is riding high on the tiger of success. With millions of people confined to their homes, Sim Racing has experienced a boom in popularity. As the cadre of more committed, serious sim racers has grown, so has the demand for well organised sim racing leagues. No one wants to spend 2 months’ salary on a new sim racing rig just to be rear-ended by LittleJohnny69 on the approach to Turn 1 at Monza in an open lobby. Every. Single. Time.

League racing has been a staple in the diet of the serious sim racer for a long time but until recently it could be quite difficult to find a league that ran your sim, on your platform, in your geographic region, racing cars that you wanted to race at a time that suits you. Leagues were scattered among racing forums, Facebook groups, custom websites, whatsapp groups and more recently, discord servers. Finding a sim racing league that suits you could be a long process of trial and error.

In steps Grid Finder

From humble beginnings as a simple list of a dozen F12020 leagues when it launched back in September 2020, Grid Finder has now grown to 1000 sim racing leagues. Just let that sink in… 1000 sim racing leagues; each with a few hundred racers, a committed team of admins, a race calendar, probably some kind of twitch/YT stream and all the related organisation and activity that runs alongside these serious racing communities.

Seeing this many passionate sim racing groups in one place gives us the fuzzies.

There have always been places to find Forza communities, and places to find iRacing communities, and places to find ACC communities. But never have this many sim racing communities from different sims on different gaming platforms from across the world been available to browse in one place. Not only are these communities now listed in one place, you can tailor your search through them depending on your location, days you can race, gaming platform and even the specific car class you want to race.

It's totally free to list your community on Grid Finder and it’s free for racers to search.

In addition, Simracing.gp and Grid Finder are joining forces in the race to make life easy for sim racers, now putting the final touches on a partnership and integration which will allow racers to find SGP leagues on Grid Finder and for SGP communities to find members through Grid Finder. There may be big developments on the horizon for Grid Finder with a whole new version of the site rumoured to be launching soon.

To list your community on Grid Finder for free, or to search for your next Sim Racing Community, visit www.grid-finder.com

G-Slev

Rubbish Racer & Amateur Motorsport Photographer
Premium
United Kingdom
View attachment 459998

Grid Finder grows to 1000 leagues…

Sim Racing is riding high on the tiger of success. With millions of people confined to their homes, Sim Racing has experienced a boom in popularity. As the cadre of more committed, serious sim racers has grown, so has the demand for well organised sim racing leagues. No one wants to spend 2 months’ salary on a new sim racing rig just to be rear-ended by LittleJohnny69 on the approach to Turn 1 at Monza in an open lobby. Every. Single. Time.

League racing has been a staple in the diet of the serious sim racer for a long time but until recently it could be quite difficult to find a league that ran your sim, on your platform, in your geographic region, racing cars that you wanted to race at a time that suits you. Leagues were scattered among racing forums, Facebook groups, custom websites, whatsapp groups and more recently, discord servers. Finding a sim racing league that suits you could be a long process of trial and error.

In steps Grid Finder

From humble beginnings as a simple list of a dozen F12020 leagues when it launched back in September 2020, Grid Finder has now grown to 1000 sim racing leagues. Just let that sink in… 1000 sim racing leagues; each with a few hundred racers, a committed team of admins, a race calendar, probably some kind of twitch/YT stream and all the related organisation and activity that runs alongside these serious racing communities.

Seeing this many passionate sim racing groups in one place gives us the fuzzies.

There have always been places to find Forza communities, and places to find iRacing communities, and places to find ACC communities. But never have this many sim racing communities from different sims on different gaming platforms from across the world been available to browse in one place. Not only are these communities now listed in one place, you can tailor your search through them depending on your location, days you can race, gaming platform and even the specific car class you want to race.

It's totally free to list your community on Grid Finder and it’s free for racers to search.

In addition, Simracing.gp and Grid Finder are joining forces in the race to make life easy for sim racers, now putting the final touches on a partnership and integration which will allow racers to find SGP leagues on Grid Finder and for SGP communities to find members through Grid Finder. There may be big developments on the horizon for Grid Finder with a whole new version of the site rumoured to be launching soon.

To list your community on Grid Finder for free, or to search for your next Sim Racing Community, visit www.grid-finder.com

This is great news. Simracing.gp is a great platform and whilst gridfinder is not as intuitive, combining the two will only make life easier.

I must admit reading the opener " Sim Racing is riding high on the tiger of success. With millions of people confined to their homes, Sim Racing has experienced a boom in popularity" makes me some kind a bit proud, beeing an "old chap" in the "business" and not because its getting more and more popular.

Of course i am also glad our hobby is more and more leaving niche-status.

Tr0nic

Premium
Is simracing.gp still in beta?
I remember that is signed up months ago, but no reply afaik... will check my mails later again.

Grid Finder sounds like a cool project... connecting people/communities is ambitious imho.

TSBunty | Grid Finder

Creator of Grid Finder
Premium
Tried to register my league, but wouldn't let me without having social media accounts. I don't have time for that. Discord isn't enough?
Hello! The social media accounts are not mandatory fields so I'm curious why it didn't let you post your league. If you DM me we can sort it out for you!